X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring multiple web apps on Tomcat

If seperate web app modules needs to be build with spring container as basis , is it possible without an ear manifestation to avoid repetation of libs etc at runtime. Is it possible to have the tomcat support such kind of requirement.

Sharing Libraries in Tomcat webapps

Hi,

I'm not sure I get your question entirely but I think you've got multiple WARs using spring framework and all WARs are having seperate set(s) of spring dependencies in each WEB-INF/lib folder & you want to remove these dependency JARs from each individual WAR and place them at a central place so as to reduce the disk space consumed by these multiple dependencies.

If this is what you want, you have to use the TOMCAT SERVER classloader or SHARED classloader locations to place your JARs and exclude these JARs from your WARs. For details you have to look at the TOMCAT documents else revert back if these's something you couldn't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by objectamit View Post
      Hi,

I'm not sure I get your question entirely but I think you've got multiple WARs using spring framework and all WARs are having seperate set(s) of spring dependencies in each WEB-INF/lib folder & you want to remove these dependency JARs from each individual WAR and place them at a central place so as to reduce the disk space consumed by these multiple dependencies.

If this is what you want, you have to use the TOMCAT SERVER classloader or SHARED classloader locations to place your JARs and exclude these JARs from your WARs. For details you have to look at the TOMCAT documents else revert back if these's something you couldn't understand.
      Thanks for quick reply.

Most of the dependencies would be on spring libraries, will there be any conflicts then if multiple war files refers to them and have different values associated.

I would also like to know if ApacheTomEE and JEE6 based solution is better than Spring based web application especially if the requirement is to have many modules of web apps based on business services instead of 1 app.

Comment

Working...
      X