Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Load a properties file in application context

Hi,

I am pretty new to Spring MVC. my problem goes as below.
    i am using conventional directory strucure i.e. separate folder for properties,css,js under WEB-INF.
    i have my servletname-servlet.xml and applicationContext.xml under WEB-INF

I have a home page where i show several links, which are stored in a properties file.

i can load a property file from the *-servlet.xml, pull a particular prop[which is a link]in my controller using EL and @Value annotation, store it in session and then display on my home page...works fine...but this involves a lot of tasks like pulling tht particular link from the servlet-context and storing in the session.

Is there a way that i load the property file from application context rather than servlet context and display the same directly on a JSP??

i hope i am clear enough...i don't want to meddle with session or anything...just configure my property file in say applicationContext and use EL to display a property on the JSP....

thanks in advance for the help.

PS -- even properties loaded in *-servlet.xml can't be displayed directly on a JSP...is there a way to do that either ??
    Last edited by pan3688; Sep 4th, 2012, 03:17 AM.

Is there a way that i load the property file from application context rather than servlet context
    You can define a PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer bean and load your properties in your root application context, these properties will be shared across all your servlet context.

Comment

Senator Catharine Young is up for re-election in November (as is the entire New York legislature), so let’s take a quick look and see where her campaign money is coming from.

It shouldn’t come as any surprise that the real estate industry is leading the pack by a hefty margin. Landlords love Cathy Young.
      Senator Catharine Young

Comment

Working...
      X