X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusion about multiple Spring apps in the same container

I'm confused about how to run multiple Spring applications in the same servlet container (Tomcat 5 in my case).

For example, if I take a tested and working Spring app, copy it to a second context path in /webapps/, everything seems to load OK except the ContextLoaderListener on the second application.

In the logs I get a message saying "2004-09-28 21:54:45,148 INFO ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext - Published root WebApplicationContext [org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebAppl icationContext: displayName=[Root XmlWebApplicationContext]; startup date=[Tue Sep 28 21:54:31 GMT-05:00 2004]; root of ApplicationContext hierarchy; config locations=[/WEB-INF/classes/applicationContext.xml]; ] as ServletContext attribute with name [interface org.springframework.web.context.WebApplicationCont ext.ROOT]".

Looks like both apps are trying to use the same root contexts - what do I need to do to keep them from colliding?

Thanks in advance,
    Scott

You will at least need to change your webAppRootKey in web.xml

Comment

You're right - thanks for the tip! For anyone else searching this thread later - I found http://www.springframework.org/docs/...tListener.html to discuss this issue exactly...
      Scott

Comment

Working...
      X