X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTTP 403 on Schemas?

Is there a reason why the http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans, for example is returning a 403? Is something down for maintenance?

I am having the same issue. The site seems to be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Curacao View Post
      I am having the same issue. The site seems to be down.
      Curacao, We have same problem.. Is is already fixed? Can someone fix it so we can access. Please. Thanks

Comment

What happen to this?

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /schema/beans on this server.
        Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at www.springframework.org Port 80
        Last edited by a4techjames; May 20th, 2012, 06:25 PM.

Comment

I guess to get around this problem in the future, one should retain a mirror of the schemas?

Comment

Yes that is what I guess. It also need maintenance.

Comment

We didn't realise there was a runtime dependency on these schemas. It is obvious now, but looking at the number of examples which use the http location of the schemas we might just see a stack of production systems hit if they are restarted. In hindsight the schemas should be distributed with core Spring, or at least made available as part of the application rather than depending on Internet access.

Comment

Originally posted by cheetah100 View Post
                We didn't realise there was a runtime dependency on these schemas. It is obvious now, but looking at the number of examples which use the http location of the schemas we might just see a stack of production systems hit if they are restarted. In hindsight the schemas should be distributed with core Spring, or at least made available as part of the application rather than depending on Internet access.
                I only saw it this afternoon while trying to launch an application which uses OXM. If anyone cares:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...net-connection

e: I managed to get around this by ensuring I had updated all the schemaLocation versions to ones which had entries contained within the various META-INF/spring.schemas files that come with the spring JARs. It seems like the way schemaLocation works is by checking first whether specified location is valid, and if not, then checking the spring.schemas file to see if the XSD can be resolved from the classpath. In the event that the schema can be resolved from the classpath, you don't have failure to launch; however, if the version is missing from spring.schemas AND the URL is inaccessible, then you will see failure on startup.

The reason I was having problems with my application is because I was referencing an ancient v1.5 of the OXM schema, which was no longer contained in spring.schemas; hence failure. To fix this, I either left the version unspecified as part of the URI, or specified a version that was listed in the metadata and bundled with the JAR.

Still, why is this service unavailable?
                Last edited by mkuredjian; May 20th, 2012, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cheetah100 View Post
                  Hi,

We have encountered this exact scenario in Production. Two of our WebSphere nodes have been restarted, however Spring MVC fails to launch our application.

Will whatever change was made, be undone?

Thanks,
                  Pete

Comment

Hello,

Will the different schemas be available soon on the site or should we find another solution ?

Comment

Hi everyone,
                      We are also facing the same problem with the bean schema. Can anybody provide an alternative solution to these schema URLs? Any guidance will be appreciable. Thanks.

Comment

Here too. Panic setting in.

This is a problem in development and in production. Dont restart your apps, they wont start ! Call ops fast, stop all automated restarts and new deployments until this is fixed !

Anyone from Spring care to comment - an ETA on this would be good, or instructions on how to resolve ?

Comment

We have found that the problem in our application was that we specified the spring util schema location as www.springsource.org and changing it to www.springframework.org works.

It appears that in the Spring 3 spring.schemas files, only www.springframework.org has a mapping. Our app was written using Spring 2 originally, and recently has been upgraded to Spring 3, however we probably should have updated our xsd locations in our config files too.

So far, it appears that this might be our fix, but we haven't tested it well yet.

I haven't got the code in front of me, so can't post our exact changes.

Pete

Comment

This is a serious problem - when is it going to be fixed?

We are talking about production systems here!!!

Comment

Production systems will not start

Originally posted by georgea View Post
                              This is a serious problem - when is it going to be fixed?

We are talking about production systems here!!!
                              Ditto. This is a MAJOR issue. Any fixes anyone? HELP!

Comment

Working...
                              X