Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @DependsOn with multiple dependencies does not work

Hello,

It seems that @DependsOn("Dependency1") works fine, but the annotation does not support multiple dependencies.

I tried @DependsOn("Dependency1, Dependency2"), but Tomcat throws this runtime error:
    org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefini tionException: No bean named 'Dependency1, Dependency2' is defined.

The documentation for the XML config "depends-on" says that it should work...

Can anyone help me out here? Thank you.

FT

I suggest a read of the docs again... There is a difference between "Dependency1, Dependency2" and {"Dependency1", "Dependency2"}.

Comment

Originally posted by Marten Deinum View Post
      I suggest a read of the docs again... There is a difference between "Dependency1, Dependency2" and {"Dependency1", "Dependency2"}.

Thank you. You are correct.

I actually did not find that documented anywhere, but it does work. I found the documentation for the XML-based "depends-on" config, which uses "Dependency1, Dependency2" but not the different form for the annotation. Do you know where it is?

FT

Comment

Java Doc is found here. Also you probably use an IDE so you should see the fact that it is an array instead of a single string. In XML there are no arrays for an attribute so the single comma separated string is being converted into a String[]... This is not needed for the java based edition.

Comment

Working...
        X