Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
IncompatibleClassChangeError: Class String doesn't implement HttpServletRequest Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IncompatibleClassChangeError: Class String doesn't implement HttpServletRequest

Hi all,

We're running a Spring 3.1.1 application on Jetty 6 and JDK 6. Lately, we're experiencing a strange scenario: out of the blue, without any context restart or redeployment, Jetty starts exploding with the following message:

org.springframework.beans.PropertyBatchUpdateExcep tion; nested PropertyAccessExceptions (1) are: PropertyAccessException 1: org.springframework.beans.MethodInvocationExceptio n: Property 'contextConfigLocation' threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Class java.lang.String does not implement the requested interface javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest
    This seems to indicate some sort of linkage error or conflicting jar files, but there aren't any conflicting jar files, and what's even more bizarre - as I mentioned above, no one tries to refresh the context, so I don't understand why Spring is trying to update a property.

The only thing we changed lately has been upgrading from 3.0.x to 3.1.1.

Has anyone experienced this specific error (where an instance of HttpServletRequest is expected but a String is given instead)? I don't even have an idea how to investigate where this exception is thrown from.

Thanks

Hello

Code:
    nested exception is java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: 
    Class java.lang.String does not implement the requested interface javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest
    Post the complete error stack trace. Seems you have a conflict of versions

The only thing we changed lately has been upgrading from 3.0.x to 3.1.1.
    Well you should consider perhaps some part of the API has been changed

I need see the complete error stack trace

Comment

Working...
    X