Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Variable replacement for @Value using @PropertySource and PSPHC Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variable replacement for @Value using @PropertySource and PSPHC

I have been trying to use variable replacements inside @Value annotations using the new @PropertySource mechanism. What I've found is that for each class I annotated with @PropertySource and @Configuration required a static Bean definition for the PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer. The way I read the spring documentation was that the PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer was only needed to be defined once somewhere in the app - NOT in each class with @PropertySource annotations. The example below shows the situation. The code below will replace the ${title} with the value from the respective properties file value in both config classes. If I was to remove the static method in one of the classes that class then no longer will do variable replacements in the @Value annotation.

Is this the correct "spring" way of using @PropertySource with PropertySourcePlaceholderConfigurer?

component-a.properties
    title=Component A

component-b.properties
    title=Component B

BeanA.java
    class BeanA {BeanA(String title) { }}

BeanB.java
    class BeanB {BeanB(String title) { }}

ComponentAConfig.java

@Configuration
    @PropertySource("classpath:/component-a.properties")
    public class ComponentAConfig {

@Value("${title}")
    private String title;

@Bean
    public BeanA createBeanA() {
    BeanA bean = new BeanA(title);
    return bean;
    }

@Bean
    public static PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer propertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer() {
    return new PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer();
    }
    }

ComponentBConfig.java

@Configuration
    @PropertySource("classpath:/component-b.properties")
    public class ComponentBConfig {

@Value("${title}")
    private String title;

@Bean
    public BeanB createBeanB() {
    BeanA bean = new BeanB(title);
    return bean;
    }

@Bean
    public static PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer propertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer() {
    }
    }

You only need one PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer. Are you putting it in the root application context?

Comment

Not sure how I fixed it but I now only need the one PropertySourcesPlaceHolderConfigurer defined. I did move it to a simple configuration class

@Configuration
      public class PropertySource {
      @Bean
      }
      }

and removed all other instances, and made sure each test context imported this class. Somewhere along the line I fixed it.

Comment

glad to hear you got it working.

Comment

Working...
        X