X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deployment issues with Spring app in Tomcat 6.0

I'm having problems deploying a Spring web app to Tomcat 6.0. I want to deploy some jars to shared/lib (catalina.properties is correctly configured); these jars contain various bean definitions that are 'extensions' to the core application. This main application, deployed to the webapps directory, uses:

Code:
    <import resource="classpath*:com/**/*.xml"/>
    to pick up the bean definitions in the jars deployed to shared/lib.

Some of the beans deployed to shared/lib have been updated and now implement the MessageSourceAware interface; when the app now starts, I get the following error:

Code:
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/context/MessageSourceAware
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:632)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:616)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1667)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1526)
        at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.forName(ClassUtils.java:257)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinition.resolveBeanClass(AbstractBeanDefinition.java:408)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doResolveBeanClass(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1282)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.resolveBeanClass(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1253)
        ... 72 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.context.MessageSourceAware
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
        ... 89 more
    If the jars are moved from shared/lib to the WEB-INF/lib directory of the app, obviously everything works OK, but I'd like to keep the jars in shared/lib if at all possible, since these are extensions to the core app.

This looks like a classloader issue, but spring-context-3.0.6.RELEASE.jar is present in WEB-INF/lib; shouldn't this have already been loaded by the time Spring tries to create the beans in the shared/lib jars?

I'm confused; any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Working...
X