X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elegant way of overriding properties for tests

I'm using property placeholder to define app properties and injecting via @Value("${someproperty}"). Is there an elegant way of overriding the injected property without using something like Mockito or using a different @ContextConfiguration?

For now, I've resorted to adding a setter on the bean in question and using that to override the property before running the test.

Thanks,
    Shane

Not sure if I understand your problem correctly... we've created a environment dependent factory bean which itself creates the Properties (for dev, test, qual, prod, etc.)... which one is dependent on a system property (-D parameter) you can set... and this factory bean is configured as the property placeholder...

Comment

Are you referring to profiles in Spring 3.1? If so, that solution doesn't fit since we're still running with 3.x. I'd be interested in an example or more details of your proposed solution either way.

Comment

No... this is not Spring 3.1... we use Spring since version 0.89 so we needed this functionality years before Spring 3.1... :-)
        Please find the complete example in the attached zip...

Comment

Working...
        X