X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory leak?

I'm using Tomcat 7 with spring 3.1. I have multiple objects that, according to the Tomcat logs, are not being closed down. Below is the executor definition for one of those objects. Shouldn't spring be closing these down? I'm new to spring so I'm not sure if I'm overlooking something so I'd appreciate any guidance on this issue.

Code:
       <bean id="clientExecutor"
             class="org.springframework.scheduling.concurrent.ThreadPoolTaskExecutor"
             p:corePoolSize="100"
             p:maxPoolSize="2000"
             p:queueCapacity="1"
             destroy-method="destroy" />
    Code:
    SEVERE: The web application [/FDS] appears to have started a thread named [clientExecutor-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
    Oct 10, 2011 1:44:01 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
    SEVERE: The web application [/FDS] appears to have started a thread named [messageManagerExecutor-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
    Oct 10, 2011 1:44:01 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
    SEVERE: The web application [/FDS] appears to have started a thread named [clientExecutor-2] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
    SEVERE: The web application [/FDS] appears to have started a thread named [clientExecutor-3] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
    SEVERE: The web application [/FDS] appears to have started a thread named [clientExecutor-4] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
    SEVERE: The web application [/FDS] appears to have started a thread named [ActiveMQ Task-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
    Oct 10, 2011 1:44:01 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
    SEVERE: The web application [/FDS] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.apache.log4j.helpers.ThreadLocalMap] (value [org.apache.log4j.helpers.ThreadLocalMap@49ca75]) and a value of type [java.util.Hashtable] (value [{}]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak. 
    Oct 10, 2011 1:44:01 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
    SEVERE: The web application [/FDS] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.apache.log4j.helpers.ThreadLocalMap] (value [org.apache.log4j.helpers.ThreadLocalMap@49ca75]) and a value of type [java.util.Hashtable] (value [{}]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak. 
    Oct 10, 2011 1:44:02 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig checkResources

Having same issue, I found this... https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/s...g.cgi?id=50486 but seeing as I am using Maven and have no local repo looks like I have no other option than to figure it out. Any luck on your end?

Comment

Working...
    X