Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Please help me get started with using Spring for dependency injection Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me get started with using Spring for dependency injection

Hey all!

So please bear with me, I'm a complete and total n00b when it comes to Spring. As in, never used it before, not even really sure what it can do for me. I've heard that it's really useful for dependency injection, so that is where I'd like to start.

A little bit more about me : Lots of experience with Java, none in Spring. I'm writing a relatively simple app that's basically a bunch of RESTful webservices that talk to a MySQL database via Hibernate. I have a deep loathing for XML-based configuration, and use annotation whenever I possibly can. Although I know that Spring can do a whole lot of different things, I want to start with dependency injection only, because I like to take things piece-by-piece.

Having said all of that, where do I begin? I was mostly confused by the documentation I found on the SpringSource website. Know of any good tutorials, blogs, or examples for using Spring for dependency injection ONLY, and with as little XML as possible? Any other advice you have for me?

Thanks for the help.
Working...
X