Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Is there a way to configure bean inheritance using annotations? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to configure bean inheritance using annotations?

Hello,everyone! I'm new to spring, and find it very useful. In a web project, I annotated the DAOs, sevices and actions with @Repository, @Service, @Controller, and configure them using <context:component-scan base-package="sampl.x">.
    I define a GenericDAO, which deals with getting sessions and CRUD processes. So any subclass just extends AbstractGenericDAO ( implements GenericDAO), and has CRUD ability. I know I can configure the bean inheritance relationship in a applicationContext.xml like this:
    Code:
    <bean id="abstractGenericDAO" abstract="true"> 
    <property name="sessionFactory" ref="sessionFactory"/> 
    </bean> 

<bean id="testDao" class="sample.TestDaoImpl" parent="abstractGenericDAO" />
    But in this way, I have to define a bean for every concret DAO in the xml file. I prefer the <context:component-scan. I wonder is threre a way to do this with annotations?

I appreciate any hints or reference

I prefer the <context:component-scan. I wonder is threre a way to do this with annotations?
    Just try it, I think should work for your DAO classes, if you receive some error post the complete error stack trace, consider include names for each @Repository and consider @Qualifier (furthemore of @Autowired) to avoid conflicts

Let us know your advance

Comment

Also consider Spring Data Project. They have all that you wish, including nice basic CRUD support available right out of the box.

Comment

Working...
      X