X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classpath Error in WAS 5.1.1.6+

I have a Spring-based application that functioned perfectly until the WebSphere server it runs on was updated to 5.1.1.6. Now I am getting FileNotFoundExceptions (usually about commons-digester.jar but sometimes others as in the exception below) when starting the server. The jars are in WEB-INF/lib. I have tried putting them in lib/app and lib/ext under the server but find that causes unspecified errors in itself. Anyone else hit this and have an idea? Is it just WAS flakiness or?

[11/2/05 17:18:42:263 EST] 312b18ff ContextLoader E org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader TRAS0014I: The following exception was logged org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionSt oreException: Could not resolve bean definition resource pattern [classpath*:META-INF/applicationContext-*.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: URL [wsjar:file:/C:/development/workspaces/wsadie/ochw/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/cglib-2.1_3.jar!/META-INF] cannot be resolved to absolute file path because it does not reside in the file system: wsjar:file:/C:/development/workspaces/wsadie/ochw/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/cglib-2.1_3.jar!/META-INF
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: URL [wsjar:file:/C:/development/workspaces/wsadie/ochw/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/cglib-2.1_3.jar!/META-INF] cannot be resolved to absolute file path because it does not reside in the file system: wsjar:file:/C:/development/workspaces/wsadie/ochw/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/cglib-2.1_3.jar!/META-INF
    at org.springframework.util.ResourceUtils.getFile(Res ourceUtils.java:173)

I get this problem also

In unix.

It works fine in WSAD on Windows.

But when I go to deploy on unix it can't resolve the wildcards. It looks like it's trying to find the folder with an absolute path instead of looking through the classpath. Consequently my paths don't exist.

I switched my context files from using wildcards to actual file names and it fixed it but that's not handy.

BTW, I'm using ContextSingletonBeanFactoryLocator to load my contexts and wanted to just use the Ant Path like expressions to accomplish that.

I'm using Spring 1.2.5

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

wsjar:

The problem is the 'wsjar:' prefix in the URL which seems to be
      prepended by websphere. If you google for wsjar you will find
      that other software has problems with this as well. Some libraries
      provide a means to register these special schemes to work around it.
      As far as I know Spring doesn't (yet).

Comment

wsjar

I see this is posted way back in 2005.
        Now, in 2010 does spring supports wsjar prefix?
        When I am using classpath*:/ format, and deployed on websphere server it complains about:

Resource URL [wsjar:file:/......] doesn't exist.

I appreciate if someone from spring author responds to this post.

Comment

wsjar

Looks like it does supports wsjat url in latest version at least since 2.5x,
          see java doc here: http://static.springsource.org/sprin...urceUtils.html

But, strangely it works well only with format: classpath:somefilename.txt,
          when used as classpath*:/somefilename.txt it is not able to locate???

Comment

Working...
          X