X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing Hibernate Transactions and JDBC Transactions

Hello, It's just a thought, haven't tried yet. Is it possible to mix both transaction managers? Let's say I have JDBC and Hibernate DAOs. And one of my services I have:

hibernateDAO.insert(user);
    jdbcDAO.insert(auth, user);

what if the jdbc throws an exception, is it ok to set the first one to rollback? how do I set more than one transaction manager?

Regards

Yes, if you use Spring's HibernateTransactionManager it will work with both JDBC and Hibernate transactional operations. You just need one transaction manager. You can easily verify this behaviour with a transactional test case extending AbstractTransactionalDataSourceSpringContextTests from spring-mock.jar. For example, you can modify the Hibernate test cases for the Spring PetClinic sample app.

Comment

Thanks Mr Johnson, This is what I'm trying here. I have only one transactionalManager (HibernateTransactionalManager) and all my test cases descend from AbstractTransactionalDataSourceSpringContextTests. The problem is only Hibernate gets persisted. I do call setComplete() on the tests I want it to be persisted. Could it be any other thing I forgot to implement?

Regards

Vinicius Carvalho

Comment

Working...
      X