X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot build project due to template.mf build error

We are getting the following error upgrading from SB 2.0 to 2.1.6. Does anyone have a clue about what to do to resolve this problem?

<code>
    3/18/11 10:25:47 AM CDT: Build errors org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionExcep tion: Failed to execute goal com.springsource.bundlor:com.springsource.bundlor. maven:1.0.0.RELEASE:bundlor (bundlor-transform) on project x: Manifest template path 'C:\${project_dir}/template.mf' does not exist
    </code>/

What is "project x"? If you are trying to build Spring Batch it should work (maybe you need -P bootstrap to start with). If you are building your own project, do you want it to be an OSGi bundle? If not then why are you using bundlor? If yes, then look at the Spring Batch POMs and template.mf to see how we configure it.

Comment

Thanks Dave.
      No it was not an OSGI project which was what was leading to my frustration. I relayed your comments to my team and asked them to revisit the upgrade to see what might have inadvertently been included.

Appears the bundlor plugin was included by mistake and things just snow balled from there.

Thanks for you help

Comment

Building Spring Batch Infrastructure 3.0.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT, I get the following similar error:

$ mvn install -P bootstrap

Failed to execute goal com.springsource.bundlor:com.springsource.bundlor. maven:1.0.0.RELEASE:bundlor (bundlor-transform) on project spring-batch-infrastructure: Execution bundlor-transform of goal com.springsource.bundlor:com.springsource.bundlor. maven:1.0.0.RELEASE:bundlor failed: A required class was missing while executing com.springsource.bundlor:com.springsource.bundlor. maven:1.0.0.RELEASE:bundlor: org/objectweb/asm/ClassVisitor
        Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
        X