X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JobExecutionContext data in repository

We are passing data between steps using the StepExectionContext, the ExecutionContextPromotionListener and the JobExecutionContext. This is all working fine.

I am assuming data stored in the JobExecutionContext is inserted into the Serialized_Context column in the Batch_Job_Execution_Context table since I see new BLOB entries when I run the job.

Question is, is there a practical limit to what we can store in the repository database? Also, should I be removing this data entry when the job completes or is this automatically done for me when the job ends? The repository database will get big if this is not done sometime, right?

Thanks in advance.
    Tony

The practical limits are only set by your platform and maybe taste. I would suggest not storing large amounts of data in there - think of it as a memento store, holding enough data to reconstruct the job context after a crash, but no more. The framework does not clean up that data (assumes you might want to see it for history/audit purposes). You could write a job that cleaned it out for executions that belong to successful or aborted job instances I suppose.

Comment

Working...
    X