Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to set up the database with the correct tables. There are scripts in the core jar file.

I wouldn't recommend Derby for production use, and you may see strange behaviour with pagination.

Comment

Dave ,

I Started using Mysql as my DB , Created all the tables required started job using the below command .

mvn exec:java -Dexec.mainClass=org.springframework.batch.core.lau nch.support.CommandLineJobRunner -Dexec.args="ingestor-config.xml job run.id=11"

After some time i wanted to stop my job , I used below command to stop

mvn exec:java -Dexec.mainClass=org.springframework.batch.core.lau nch.support.CommandLineJobRunner -stop -Dexec.args="ingestor-config.xml job run.id=11"

JOb didn't stop it was still running , is it not possible to stop a job using this command ?\

Exact Error :

2011-02-21 15:16:02,454 [mmandLineJobRunner.main()] ERROR CommandLineJobRunner - Job Terminated in error: A job execution for this job is already running: JobInstance: id=10, JobParameters=[{run.id=11}], Job=[job]
      org.springframework.batch.core.repository.JobExecu tionAlreadyRunningException: A job execution for this job is already running: JobInstance: id=10, JobParameters=[{run.id=11}], Job=[job]
      Last edited by didilip; Feb 21st, 2011, 03:47 AM.

Comment

I think there's a typo in your command line (-stop should be in the arguments to the main method). Does that fix it?

Comment

did you mean like

mvn exec:java -Dexec.mainClass=org.springframework.batch.core.lau nch.support.CommandLineJobRunner -stop -Dexec.args="ingestor-config.xml job run.id=11 -stop"

or

vn exec:java -Dexec.mainClass=org.springframework.batch.core.lau nch.support.CommandLineJobRunner -Dexec.args="ingestor-config.xml job -stop run.id=11"

if yes , These commads are n ot stoping the job , instead throwing the same error as shown above .

thanks

Comment

That's what I meant (either should work). What version of Spring Batch are you using?

Comment

2.0.4 - version

Comment

Today i upgraded to version 2.1.5 Release version of Spring batch ,,,

Still my issue continues ..

Enclosed is my config file .

Comment

Note that 2.1.6 is the latest. It works for me. Maybe you can try with a simple fake sample (e.g. the simple-cli) and check you can make that work?

Comment

I used simple-cli example for testing purpose ..

from a command prompt gave below command

mvn exec:java -Dexec.mainClass=org.springframework.batch.core.lau nch.support.CommandLineJobRunner -Dexec.args="launch-context.xml job1 run.id=2"

job started running and printing o/p on consloe .

Now i opened one more command prompt window fro same path and gave below command

mvn exec:java -Dexec.mainClass=org.springframework.batch.core.lau nch.support.CommandLineJobRunner -Dexec.args="launch-context.xml job1 run.id=2 -stop"

This command i was expecting to stop the job running . but it was not stopped . Am i going wrong some where???

Comment

What happened with the simple cli (any exception, or you just didn't see the job stop)? It won't be using a shared database by default, so it's no surprise if you haven't changed the database configuration.

For your original problem, the -stop flag was never supported in Batch 2.0, and you mentioned you had been using 2.0.4, so I would check very carefully that you don't have older versions on the jars on your classpath by mistake.

Comment

Stoping a Batch Process

Hi All,

Stop the process with a click of a button

I invoke the batch process from gui by click of a button .

The Control Moves from Spring Controller-Quartzs Scheduler-then the batch process gets invoked form Quartz -Execute method invokes batch process ,
                        I am using WebSphere as application server ,
                        Can any one help me in deriving a solution to stop the batch process through screens(gui).

Comment

Have you tried this: http://www.springsource.org/spring-batch-admin?

Comment

Hi Dave

I was able to see job stopping using the Junit test case .. where job will be stopped after few seconds ..

But when i use a command prompt to stop a job .

I see an Error saying thier is no job running for the joblauncher job1.

As i digged log :

Found that when i run a job using a test case in the job parameter list it shows the job running id and excutes the job ..
                            But when i use a command prompt in job parmeter is empy ..

is their any changes i have to make to the command so that it can take jobparemeters id ?

I am using the same db which has been used in example.

Comment

Working...
                            X