X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Batch Admin Sample war overlay - tomcat error

I decided to try the approach of creating a maven war project using spring-batch-admin-sample as a war dependency, in other words making my project a thin war-overlay. The pom has the following:
    Code:
        <dependency>
          <artifactId>spring-batch-admin-sample</artifactId>
          <groupId>org.springframework.batch</groupId>
          <version>1.0.0.RELEASE</version>
          <type>war</type>
        </dependency>
    This builds OK, but when I try to start the war in tomcat, I see the following in catalina.out:

org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefi nitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Failed to import bean definitions from URL location [classpath*:/META-INF/spring/batch/bootstrap/**/*.xml]
    Offending resource: URL [jar:file:/home/jtroxel/apache-tomcat-6.0.29/webapps/feedjobsadmin-webapp2-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/spring-batch-admin-resources-1.0.0.RELEASE.jar!/org/springframework/batch/admin/web/resources/webapp-config.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionSt oreException: Unexpected exception parsing XML document from URL [jar:file:/home/jtroxel/apache-tomcat-6.0.29/webapps/feedjobsadmin-webapp2-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/spring-batch-admin-manager-1.0.0.RELEASE.jar!/META-INF/spring/batch/bootstrap/manager/execution-context.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.springframework.beans.factory.support.RootBean Definition.<init>(Ljava/lang/StringV

NoSuchMethodError usually comes from having the wrong version of the class on the classpath. I don't know much about war overlays, but it sounds like you could build a war with two versions or the wrong version of Spring quite easily.

Comment

Working...
    X