X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Batch 2.1.3.RELEASE is available

Spring Batch 2.1.3.RELEASE is available in the usual places (links via http://static.springframework.org/spring-batch/). More bug fixes including quite a few corner cases for skips and failure scenarios.

spring-batch.2.1 can be integrated with spring 3.0.3.RELEASE ?

Hi,

I'm currently upgrading my Spring jars* to be compliant with 3.0.3.RELEASE.

I also want to upgrade spring-batch to be working with 2.1.1.RELEASE (currently it's 2.0).

Is there a conflict between those two? Should i expect an issue here?

Thanks.

*My Spring Jars are:
    spring-jdbc 2.5.6
    spring-webmvc 2.5.6
    spring-test 2.5.6
    spring-context-support 2.5.6
    spring-web 2.5.6
    spring-orm 2.5.6
    spring-aop 2.5.6
    spring-remoting 2.5.6
    spring-context 2.5.6
    spring-beans 2.5.6
    spring-tx 2.5.6
    spring-core 2.5.6
    spring-support 1.2.9

Comment

Spring Core 3.0.4 support?

Hi,

I would also like to know if the latest Spring Batch will work with Spring Core 3.0.4.RELEASE.

Thanks,

-Frank

Comment

All versions of Spring 3 should be fine (we test against trunk).

Comment

Re: Spring Core 3.0.4 support?

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the quick reply.

When I run this in maven:

mvn dependency:tree

I am seeing Spring 2.5.6 being brought into the mix by Batch:

[INFO] +- org.springframework.batch:spring-batch-core:jar:2.1.3.RELEASE:compile
          [INFO] | +- org.codehaus.jettison:jettison:jar:1.1:compile
          [INFO] | \- org.springframework:spring-aop:jar:2.5.6:compile
          [INFO] +- org.springframework.batch:spring-batch-infrastructure:jar:2.1.3.RELEASE:compile
          [INFO] +- org.springframework.batch:spring-batch-test:jar:2.1.3.RELEASE:compile
          [INFO] | \- org.springframework:spring-jdbc:jar:2.5.6:compile

Is this intentional?

Thanks!

-Frank

Comment

Yes, it is intentional. We have to pick a version to depend on explicitly so we pick the lowest that we support. If you want to upgrade you have to explicitly name the Spring dependencies. We have a spring.framework.version property in our poms.

Comment

I use the last patch with Spring Core 3.0.4.RELEASE and it didn't work.

Comment

Spring OXM support within Spring batch and Spring core

There is a spring-oxm-1.5.9.jar file which is part of the Spring batch dependencies.
                Then there is an org.springframework.oxm-3.0.2.RELEASE.jar from Spring core.
                They contain almost the same set of classes, however, the size of several of the classes is significantly different as well as the functionality of some of the classes is very different as well. A good example of this is the org.springframework.oxm.xstream.XStreamMarshaller class.

When I place the spring-oxm-1.5.9.jar first in my class path my XML marshaling works as intended. When I donít place that jar file first then the XML marshaling does not work.

So is this an incompatibility or am I using the jars files in correctly.

Thanks,
                Ed

Comment

So is this an incompatibility or am I using the jars files in correctly.
                  I think you issue is related to https://jira.springframework.org/browse/BATCH-1532.

> Comment from Dave Syer :
                  > As mentioned in the forum there is a trivial workaround, which is to not include spring-oxm-3.0, but use 1.5.9 instead.

Comment

How ?

Originally posted by Dave Syer View Post
                    Yes, it is intentional. We have to pick a version to depend on explicitly so we pick the lowest that we support. If you want to upgrade you have to explicitly name the Spring dependencies. We have a spring.framework.version property in our poms.
                    Sorry for my lack of maven expertise, but I've declared spring framework 3.0.5 in my pom file, and what I have now is both versions 3.0.5 and 2.5.6 as dependencies of my project.

I also went to my local maven repo to check the pom of spring-batch-core, and I found no such property as "spring.framework.version". Can you please point me out to the right place for this ?

Thanks in advance.

Philippe

Comment

Weird...

I added an exclusions block to the spring-batch-core to exclude spring-core, spring-beans, spring-aop, spring-context and spring-tx, then I added those dependencies with version 3.0.5.RELEASE.

This worked, but the dependency tree was not showing up properly in STS's pom viewer (spring-batch-core was not showing up as dependent on spring framework 3.0.5).
                      THEN, I deleted the exclusions block. The old version 2.5.6 spring framework dependencies didn't come back, and the dependency tree is now ok with spring-batch-core showing dependencies with 3.0.5.

Don't know if STS is the issue here... I'm on STS 2.5.2.RELEASE...

Comment

Working...
                      X