X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Batch and IBM Content Manager

I am new to spring batch and would like to use it in the batch processing I do with our companies IBM Content Manager (CM) installation. I have a question on a couple of things.

I would like to create an ItemReader that will read CM items off of a CM work list (list of items to work on). I have the code pretty well squared away, I was just wondering how I would achieve roll back in this situation? If there was an error in the writer, I would want to put the items back on the work list as part of the rollback. How would this be achieved?

Thanks

What are the transaction semantics of the CM? If it has transactions then probably it has a way to participate in a JTA transaction or a WAS unit of work? Then you can just use the appropriate Spring transaction manager.

Comment

In CM you create a CMBConnection object with has the methods startTransaction, commit, and rollback, but you have to call those methods explicitly.

I'll do some searching on CM integration with WebSphere and JTA. They are both IBM products, so I think that there should be some integration.

I relatively new to transaction management and would like to know more about how spring batch handles transactions, especially in a stand alone Java application setting. I have been through the Spring Batch user guide, are there more resources to help me understand Spring Batch and transactions?

Comment

Working...
      X