X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice to have creation date in BATCH_JOB_INSTANCE table

I feel it would be good to have a creation date in BATCH_JOB_INSTANCE table. We are actually trying to figure out the schedule date based on the job instance creation date to generate reports. One of the alternatives is to have schedule date as a parameter. But i want to maintain the uniqueness of the job instance by the file name which is being sent as an input parameter. If i send the schedule date(Systems date) as a parameter it would defeat my purpose since the job could be restarted the next day also in case it fails.

So i feel it is good to have a creation date in the BATCH_JOB_INSTANCE table which would help us to identify the job instance that was created on that day and help us to extract a report for that day.

The best way is to query BATCH_JOB_EXECUTION table to show CREATE_TIME, START_TIME, END_TIME and STATUS.

Comment

I agree with you. But each job instance might have multiple job executions. say a job fails today and restarted the next day, the new job execution will have that date as the start date. However we would want to trace back to the actual schedule date which was yesterday and then identify all the job executions for that job instance and then pull out a report.

Comment

You could do a join BATCH_JOB_INSTANCE X BATCH_JOB_EXECUTION and get the first execution. The create time for the first execution would be create time for the job.

The request for create time BATCH_JOB_INSTANCE table sounds reasonable to me!

Comment

Working...
        X