X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpringBatch vs IBM Compute Grid

Does anyone have experience with IBM BDS framework (including or not Compute Grid)? Specifically, what do you have to say about this chart comparison from ibm ?
    Do this arguments have any merit? Are they even fairly representing Spring batch capabilities and drawbacks?

It's not necessarily wrong, Spring Batch truly is a programming Model only. It has never been intended to be a Scheduler, which is mostly what is being pointed out. I have personally worked on multiple projects where Spring Batch was used with IBM schedulers without any problem.

That being said, calling Compute Grid a programming model is a bit of a stretch. It's got the bones of one, but it's pretty rudimentary. I haven't looked at it in depth in awhile, but if we were to make a similar chart of Spring Batch vs. Compute grid on just the capabilities as a Programming model, the score would be reversed. So I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.

The interesting thing is, I don't think there's any reason why Spring Batch couldn't be used in conjunction with Spring Batch. Like most Spring products, Spring Batch is agnostic to the container, you could use our partitioning support to put any number of partitions for processing on a grid, and get good results. Of course, the nice thing is that you're not tied to any particular vendor, but rather to a particular open source programming model.

Just my two cents, and I haven't ever used compute grid in anger, so I'm certainly missing some features, etc.

Comment

Still vote for the SpringBatch.
      Thats i am still using it.

Buy a affordable Condo's at chicago real estate market
      Last edited by after; Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X