• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ExitStatus] works only with COMPLETED WITH SKIPS

Hi again,

well, recently i've run through the need of defining my own status
    Code:
    new ExitStatus("COMPLETED WITH FAILURES")
    and i've got the configuration of my job as follows :
    HTML Code:
    <job id="myJob" job-repository="jobRepository" restartable="true">
    	<step id="firstStepMaster">
    		<partition step="firstStep"  partitioner="partitioner">
    			<handler grid-size="5" task-executor="taskExecutor" />
    		</partition>
    		<next on="COMPLETED WITH FAILURES" to="secondStepMaster"/>
    	</step>
    	<step id="secondStepMaster">
    		<partition step="secondStep"  partitioner="secondPartitioner">
    			<handler grid-size="5" task-executor="taskExecutor" />
    		</partition>
    		<end on="COMPLETED"/>
    	</step>
    </job>
    when my first step ends with a COMPLETED WITH FAILURES, i get the following error right after the first step has finished :
    Code:
    ERROR org.springframework.batch.core.step.AbstractStep - Encountered an error saving batch meta data.This job is now in an unknown state and should not be restarted.
    ERROR org.springframework.batch.core.step.AbstractStep - Encountered an error executing the step
    org.springframework.batch.core.JobExecutionException: Partition handler returned an unsuccessful step
    	at org.springframework.batch.core.partition.support.PartitionStep.doExecute(PartitionStep.java:110)
    	at org.springframework.batch.core.step.AbstractStep.execute(AbstractStep.java:196)
    	at org.springframework.batch.core.job.SimpleStepHandler.handleStep(SimpleStepHandler.java:115)
    	at org.springframework.batch.core.job.flow.JobFlowExecutor.executeStep(JobFlowExecutor.java:61)
    	at org.springframework.batch.core.job.flow.support.state.StepState.handle(StepState.java:60)
    	at org.springframework.batch.core.job.flow.support.SimpleFlow.resume(SimpleFlow.java:144)
    	at org.springframework.batch.core.job.flow.support.SimpleFlow.start(SimpleFlow.java:124)
    	at org.springframework.batch.core.job.flow.FlowJob.doExecute(FlowJob.java:99)
    	at org.springframework.batch.core.job.AbstractJob.execute(AbstractJob.java:281)
    	at org.springframework.batch.core.launch.support.SimpleJobLauncher$1.run(SimpleJobLauncher.java:120)
    	at org.springframework.core.task.SyncTaskExecutor.execute(SyncTaskExecutor.java:49)
    	at org.springframework.batch.core.launch.support.SimpleJobLauncher.run(SimpleJobLauncher.java:114)
    	at org.springframework.batch.core.launch.support.CommandLineJobRunner.start(CommandLineJobRunner.java:300)
    	at org.springframework.batch.core.launch.support.CommandLineJobRunner.main(CommandLineJobRunner.java:464)
    if i change my return status to "COMPLETED WITH SKIPS", my second step starts with no problems and no exceptions are thrown.
    But if i change my return status to anything else "COMPLETED WITH ANYTHING", "COMPLETED WITH SPAGHETTI" i get the same error...

does someone know what might goes wrong here?

Thanks

Hi,
    I want to process multiple files simultaneously and store data into DB.
    If I test my example with stand alone java class then I get same error as mentionde above.
    May somebody please share example for the same along with simple standalone java test class.

Regards,

Comment

It looks like the database schema might declare the ExitStatus.code to be shorter than your custom status values. You probably just need to update your table definitions for BATCH_JOB_EXECUTION and BATCH_STEP_EXECUTION.

Comment

Working...
      X