Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ItemWriter rollback

Hello,

I have a ItemWriter using a Dao to insert records in database.
    I built the writer like the TradeWriter from Spring-batch samples and use an existing dao (from my projet) based on Hibernate.
    Everything works fine and i really appreciate Spring-batch
    However, there is a problem when i try to test an exception from the writer.
    Chunk commit interval = 100
    I increment a counter for each item write in DB and send Exception after 40 records.

The BATCH_STEP_EXECUTION (which is correct) indicates :
    READ_COUNT=100,
    WRITE_COUNT=0,
    ROLLBACK_COUNT=1

But I still have 40 records in my database ... which means that the rollback didn't run through the dao.
    Do you have a clue about what i did wrong ???
    Thanks for help

Can you show us some more detail? How did you configure the transaction manager? How did you implement the writer?

Comment

Originally posted by LionelFromParis View Post
      Hello,

I have a ItemWriter using a Dao to insert records in database.
      I built the writer like the TradeWriter from Spring-batch samples and use an existing dao (from my projet) based on Hibernate.
      Everything works fine and i really appreciate Spring-batch
      However, there is a problem when i try to test an exception from the writer.
      Chunk commit interval = 100
      I increment a counter for each item write in DB and send Exception after 40 records.

The BATCH_STEP_EXECUTION (which is correct) indicates :
      READ_COUNT=100,
      WRITE_COUNT=0,
      ROLLBACK_COUNT=1

But I still have 40 records in my database ... which means that the rollback didn't run through the dao.
      Do you have a clue about what i did wrong ???
      Thanks for help

Did you find a solution? i have the exact same problem.

Since you were asked for details, i will provide mines since the problem is very similar.

This is my writer:

@Component("transactionItemWriter")
      public class TransactionInteracItemWriter implements ItemStreamWriter<TransactionConciliationInterac> {
      private static final Logger log = Logger.getLogger(TransactionInteracItemWriter.clas s);
      @Autowired
      private ConciliationContext conciliationContext;
      @Autowired
      private ServiceTransactionConciliationInterac paiementService;
      private int transactionCount;

/**
      * @see ItemWriter#write(java.util.List)
      */
      public void write(List<? extends TransactionConciliationInterac> data) throws Exception {

int index = ++transactionCount - 1;
      //List<TransactionConciliationInterac> trxs = data.get(0).getPayments();

while (index < data.size()) {
      TransactionConciliationInterac trx = data.get(index);
      paiementService.insertAndReturnKey(trx,conciliatio nContext.getIdSommaire().toString());
      index = ++transactionCount - 1;
      }
      }

the paiementService is a spring service bean using JDBCTemplate.

Here is the config:

<batch:step id="traitementXmlIemtTransactionStep">
      <batch:tasklet transaction-manager="transactionManager" start-limit="10">
      <batch:chunk reader="IemtXmlTransactionReader" processor="IemtXmlTransactionConvertProcessor" writer="transactionItemWriter" commit-interval="5"/>
      <batch:transaction-attributes isolation="DEFAULT" propagation="REQUIRED"/>
      <batch:listeners>
      <batch:listener ref="transactionStepListener" />
      </batch:listeners>

</batch:tasklet>
      </batch:step>

I have set a commit-interval = 5 and in my xml read, i have intentionally entered bad data in the 5th element.

From the output of Spring Batch, everything look great :

Stacktrace of the exception:

2012-12-11 09:50:28,936 DEBUG [org.springframework.batch.core.step.tasklet.Taskle tStep] - <Rollback for RuntimeException: org.springframework.dao.DataIntegrityViolationExce ption: PreparedStatementCallback; SQL []; Data truncation: Data too long for column 'TRANSACTIONTYPE' at row 1; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation: Data truncation: Data too long for column 'TRANSACTIONTYPE' at row 1>
      2012-12-11 09:50:28,949 DEBUG [org.springframework.batch.repeat.support.RepeatTem plate] - <Handling exception: org.springframework.dao.DataIntegrityViolationExce ption, caused by: org.springframework.dao.DataIntegrityViolationExce ption: PreparedStatementCallback; SQL []; Data truncation: Data too long for column 'TRANSACTIONTYPE' at row 1; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation: Data truncation: Data too long for column 'TRANSACTIONTYPE' at row 1>
      2012-12-11 09:50:28,949 DEBUG [org.springframework.batch.repeat.support.RepeatTem plate] - <Handling fatal exception explicitly (rethrowing first of 1): org.springframework.dao.DataIntegrityViolationExce ption: PreparedStatementCallback; SQL []; Data truncation: Data too long for column 'TRANSACTIONTYPE' at row 1; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation: Data truncation: Data too long for column 'TRANSACTIONTYPE' at row 1>
      2012-12-11 09:50:28,950 ERROR [org.springframework.batch.core.step.AbstractStep] - <Encountered an error executing the step>
      org.springframework.dao.DataIntegrityViolationExce ption: PreparedStatementCallback; SQL []; Data truncation: Data too long for column 'TRANSACTIONTYPE' at row 1; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation: Data truncation: Data too long for column 'TRANSACTIONTYPE' at row 1
      at org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLStateSQLExcept ionTranslator.doTranslate(SQLStateSQLExceptionTran slator.java:101)

Status of the step:

<Step execution complete: StepExecution: id=3, version=2, name=traitementXmlIemtTransactionStep, status=FAILED, exitStatus=FAILED, readCount=5, filterCount=0, writeCount=0 readSkipCount=0, writeSkipCount=0, processSkipCount=0, commitCount=0, rollbackCount=1>

Now i see that 5 elements were read, nothing was written and 1 rollback occurred... GREAT...

BUT

If i look in the database, the first 4 elements were committed!!!!!!!!!
      Last edited by Cygnusx1; Dec 11th, 2012, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Ok i found the problem. I was using MySql DB to run my batch and the schema was created with the default MyISam engine!!!!

I found out this engine auto commit by default...so i changed the engine to innoDB and everything work great

Comment

Working...
        X