Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
StoredProcedureItemReader : How to retrieve OUT parameter value ? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StoredProcedureItemReader : How to retrieve OUT parameter value ?

Hello,

We're calling a stored procedure with StoredProcedureItemReader (Spring Batch 2.1.0.RELEASE).

When the stored procedure fails it returns the error message as an OUT parameter (and not as a SQL Error Code).

The stored procedure resides on mainframe system and already exists (so we cannot ask for a modification).

How can we get an OUT value outside of the refCursor ?

For the moment, we have modified StoredProcedureItemReader.openCursor method in order to retrieve the callableStatement just after the callableStatement.execute().
    We added our method afterCallableStatementExecution.

So we have :
    Code:
    public class StoredProcedureItemReader<T> extends AbstractCursorItemReader<T> 
    	protected void openCursor(Connection con) {
    			boolean results = callableStatement.execute();
    			afterCallableStatementExecution(callableStatement);
    			if (results) {
    	}

protected void afterCallableStatementExecution(CallableStatement aCallableStatement) throws SQLException {
    	}
    }
    And if we want to handle OUT values, we just need to inherit from our StoredProcedureItemReader and override afterCallableStatementExecution method.

Is there a better method ?

If no, could you integrate this feature into Spring Batch (should I open a JIRA issue) ?

Thanks very much

Were you able to figure out a better approach?
    I have the same situation, where the stored procedure returns a REFCursor. And not sure how do I get the resultset out of the cursor in the StoredProcedureItemReader

Comment

Working...
    X