Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions

Hi everybody,
    I am new in SpringBatch and I have read some docs about it. I understood a few things about it and I have a few questions.Here are my questions:

1- Is there a possibility of storing data somewhere if an error occurs while processing a step? (here I mean the data loaded from a Database for example not the step context data). If it's possible how can we configure or program that?

2-If we want to launch a batch via our command line manually, is it possible to specify parameters in order to make our batch proceed between date1 and date2 for example?
    i
    3-What are the parameters that we can give to a step execution ?

4- I tried something and it didn't work
    <batch:job id="myjob">
    <batch:step id="stepA" next="stepB" />
    <batch:step id="stepB" next="stepA" />
    </batch:job>

I would like to know why this job doesn't work like this : stepA --> stepB-->stepA--stepB .......

Actually it executes stepA then stepB and ends . I would like to know why?

Thanks for any help.

PS: besides SpringBatch official site and the reference guide I would be thankful if anyone gives me any other relevant links, tutorials, examples or whatever that can help me in my work with SpringBatch.

1) sure, you can do whatever custom logging you want, heres a possible example from the docs: http://static.springsource.org/sprin...ingAndFailures

2) if your using CommandLineJobRunner you pass the job name and params -- possibly pass in your dates as params to that job that way

3) not sure i follow this but you should be able to use standard spring injection to set things into tasklets / custom reader/writers/etc

4) id guess because step A is marked as complete and allow-start-if-complete isn't true

you can find a number of examples in the spring batch distro

Comment

Hi Mr. Chris,
      do you have any example of passing dates as params ?

Comment

from the documentation:

bash$ java CommandLineJobRunner endOfDayJob.xml endOfDay schedule.date(date)=2008/01/01

Comment

Thank you Chris,

For the first 3 questions, it's OK, but for the last one, what you seggested, namely allow-start-if-complete sat at true, works as follows: stepA, StepA, stepA indefinetly and it's not what I want. But thank you anyway for your help. If anybody has more information , please share it.

Comment

this config:

Code:
              <job id="testJob">
                <step id="logMessage" next="logNextMessage">
                  <tasklet ref="logMessageTasklet" allow-start-if-complete="true"/>
                </step>
                <step id="logNextMessage" next="logMessage">
                  <tasklet ref="logMessageTasklet" allow-start-if-complete="true"/>
                </step>
              </job>
            for me, using batch 2.1.0.RELEASE results in:

logMessage -> logNextMessage -> logMessage -> logNextMessage in an endless loop

that seems like what you want, no?

if so, you will get warnings about duplicate steps, see for more info: https://jira.springsource.org/browse/BATCH-1434

Comment

Thank you chris,
              that's what I want, Iwill try it and let you know

Comment

Hi Chris,

Your suggestion is working. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X