Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple jobs in spring batch

Hi everbody,

Here is my case
    My batch application should connect to 3 external databases and read different kinds of data
    (Clients, sales transactions etc....) and them update the application database(a 4th dabase)
    I planed to create 3 jobs one for each database : so for example the 1 rst step in job1 would be to read client records then save them and the step 2 would be to read transactions and save them
    The job2 (for the 2nd external database) would do the same
    And the the job 3 (for the 3thrd external database) would do the same
    As you may guessed if job one fails, we should into continue with job2 and 3

My problem is actually
    How to launch this 3 spring batch jobs in this order with a cron quartz trigger?
    any kind of help would be appreciated.
    Regards

there is an example of using quartz in the spring batch samples

quartz-job-launcher-context.xml should give you an idea on the wiring

as for ordering -- if its different kinds of data, couldn't you kick them off at the same time or based on some specific times?
    Last edited by Chris Schaefer; Feb 24th, 2010, 09:06 PM.

Comment

hi Chris ,
      quartz-job-launcher-context.xml should give you an idea on the wiring
      I already saw it : it shows only how to trigger a single spring batch from quartz

as for ordering -- if its different kinds of data, couldn't you kick them off at the same time or based on some specific times?

No the 3 jobs should be run sequencly and if one failed the next shouldn`t run.
      as we do with steps in spring batch by specifying the next step to run using the next attribute in the step element , is there the equivalement for spring batch jobs or in quart???

Comment

Working...
      X