X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Syer View Post
    if the framework would skip that block only if allowStartIfComplete=false and the partition step is restarting would that help?
    Yes, that feature will be really useful. :-)

Comment

Hi,
      this feature would be very useful for us too.

Because I could not find a JIRA entry for this, I have created one.

http://jira.springframework.org/browse/BATCH-1531

thanks Harald

Comment

Thanks for creating a JIRA entry for this Harald.

Hi Dave,
        You mentioned a couple of posts back that we might even get lucky and have this feature available to us on version 2.1.1. What's needed for this feature to get a higher priority and be released as part of 2.1.1? The reason I'm asking is because my "put-the-data-that-the-partitioner-code-generates-in-the-job-execution-context-on-a-separate-step" workaround only sometimes work. The data sometimes get too big that it wouldn't fit the DB column.

Here's the exception I'm getting when the information that I've gathered becomes very very big.

Code:
        org.springframework.dao.DataIntegrityViolationException: PreparedStatementCallback; 
        SQL [UPDATE BATCH_JOB_EXECUTION_CONTEXT SET SHORT_CONTEXT = ?, SERIALIZED_CONTEXT = ? WHERE JOB_EXECUTION_ID = ?]; 
        Data truncation: Data too long for column 'SERIALIZED_CONTEXT' at row 1; 
        nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation: Data truncation: Data too long for column 'SERIALIZED_CONTEXT' at row 1
        I'll be able to avoid this issue is the data is split per Step Execution Context, ie. have the actual partitioner code executed in the Partitioner class.

Thanks,
        Gerson
        Last edited by gerson721; Mar 14th, 2010, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X