Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Batch as a gateway?

Hi,

I have a situation in which there could be downtimes with an existing system which has all the key web services. During such an event the user however should not be impacted and should be able to fill up their request forms online as they are doing now.

Can I use Spring Batch here to act as a gateway for such downtimes? However once the system is up I do not want that all the jobs that were stored during the downtime should be directly sent to the database but that data should be used while invoking the web services.

Is this possible in Spring Batch? What I mean can the jobs invoke Web Services or API calls rather than sending data directly to the database?

Thanks and Regards
    Pth

Originally posted by partha2010 View Post
    Is this possible in Spring Batch? What I mean can the jobs invoke Web Services or API calls rather than sending data directly to the database?
    I'm not sure I understand the question. Spring Batch has a lot of strategy interfaces that you can implement in any way you like (Tasklet, ItemReader, ItemProcessor, ItemWriter are the most common). There is no restriction on what they can do, but you can lose restartability if they do anything non-transactional (like a web service call).

Comment

Working...
    X