Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contributing to Spring Batch Admin

Hello Spring Batch Admin developers / maintainers,

with our company we are planning to develop a system, where batch processing should play a significant role. We would like to use Spring Batch Admin as a centralized batch server (at least in a prototype). We would like to contribute to this project. We are aware of Spring's contributor agreement and guidelines.

My idea is to start by fixing some issues opened in Jira and maybe later to move on to improvements (as planned by official project maintainers). However both Jira and GitHub project feels a bit abandoned by Spring right now. Can someone from Spring / Pivotal just assure us that the project is left behind just temporarily (probably as the main focus is currently on Spring Batch)?

Also would be nice to know that if we actually start making contributions they will be actively reviewed and merged. Would be a bit frustrating if the pull requests would sit in GitHub for months without any activity.

If you're interested in contributing to Spring Batch Admin, I'd recommend focusing your interest and efforts to Spring XD. Spring XD currently contains most of the same functionality of Spring Batch Admin. While we're still working out the long term relationship between the two, I'd recommend looking at XD before spending a lot of time in Admin.

Hi mminella, we did not spend any time on Spring Batch Admin as I didn't get any response and the opportunity is long gone. I wasn't aware, that Spring XD contains Admin UI module. Will check it, thank you.