X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple ItemWrite Issue

Hi I am trying to read some data from database and trying to create an xml file using Castor.
    It write two files and then throws this error...

2009-12-16 08:20:16,439 DEBUG [org.springframework.batch.core.step.tasklet.Taskle tStep] - <Applying contribution: [StepContribution: read=1, written=0, filtered=0, readSkips=0, writeSkips=0, processSkips=0, exitStatus=EXECUTING]>
    2009-12-16 08:20:16,439 ERROR [org.springframework.batch.core.step.AbstractStep] - <Encountered an error executing the step: class org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'dataSourceInitializer' defined in class path resource [launch-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [CREATE TABLE BATCH_JOB_INSTANCE (
    JOB_INSTANCE_ID BIGINT IDENTITY NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY ,
    VERSION BIGINT ,
    JOB_NAME VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL,
    JOB_KEY VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL,
    constraint JOB_INST_UN unique (JOB_NAME, JOB_KEY)
    )]; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Table already exists: BATCH_JOB_INSTANCE in statement [CREATE TABLE BATCH_JOB_INSTANCE]>
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'dataSourceInitializer' defined in class path resource [launch-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [CREATE TABLE BATCH_JOB_INSTANCE (
    JOB_INSTANCE_ID BIGINT IDENTITY NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY ,
    VERSION BIGINT ,
    JOB_NAME VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL,
    JOB_KEY VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL,
    constraint JOB_INST_UN unique (JOB_NAME, JOB_KEY)
    )]; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Table already exists: BATCH_JOB_INSTANCE in statement [CREATE TABLE BATCH_JOB_INSTANCE]
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1338)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:473)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireC apableBeanFactory.java:409)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAuto wireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:2 64)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultS ingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingleton BeanRegistry.java:222)

Writing XML file by reading the database

I am trying to read the data from the database using JpaPagingItemReader.
    And then write the same data into an xml file.
    though I am able to read the file successfully sand able to convert the obtained data into Objects. I am not yet sure How should I write it to the xml file where all the obtained data is written into the single xml file itself.

Any idea on this?

Comment

You have a bean called 'dataSourceInitializer' that is trying to create the batch tables. However, the tables apparently already exist. So you should remove the initializer since it is not needed.

Comment

Thanks for your response...
        But when I remove the DatasourceInitializers it complains that the table does not exists.

The above mentioned error I get after 2 rows have already been processed.
        So does it mean every time I run my client, it creates those tables and when it stops it delete them.

But still I dont understand why it five me the " table already exists" error when it has already processed 2 rows.

Comment

well some headway I have been able to make...

If I change the value of commitInterval of my simpleStep from 1 to 10, it is able to write 10 objects into single xml file.
          Also the error that I reported here is gone.

<bean id="simpleStep" class="org.springframework.batch.core.step.item.Si mpleStepFactoryBean"
          abstract="true">
          <property name="transactionManager" ref="transactionManager" />
          <property name="jobRepository" ref="jobRepository" />
          <property name="startLimit" value="100" />
          <property name="commitInterval" value="10" />
          </bean>

And also of-course I had to pass the list of Objects to the Castor Marshaller...

This is write method of my ItemWriter implementation.
          public void write(List<? extends TradeVO> tradeList) throws Exception {
          FileWriter file = new FileWriter("output.xml");
          Marshaller.marshal(tradeList, file);
          file.close();
          }
          Last edited by springprem; Dec 17th, 2009, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X