Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
spring-batch-integration 1.2.2 not compatible with spring-batch 2.2.2 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring-batch-integration 1.2.2 not compatible with spring-batch 2.2.2

Hi,

I have an spring batch project which was working fine
    old version:
    spring 3.1.2.RELEASE
    spring-batch 2.1.9.RELEASE
    spring-batch-integration 1.2.0.RELEASE

It stopped working when I upgraded version of all dependencies
    new versions:
    spring 3.2.5.RELEASE
    spring-batch 2.2.2.RELEASE
    spring-batch-integration 1.2.2.RELEASE

Application log says:
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.integration.config.ServiceAct ivatorFactoryBean#0': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/batch/retry/RetryException

The retry functionality was pulled out of Spring Batch as of 2.2.0. It is now part of a new library, Spring Retry.
    but spring-batch-integration refers to older spring-batch and causing this error. class
    ChunkProcessorChunkHandler have import statement import org.springframework.batch.retry.RetryException;

I want to know how to overcome this error? and is there any plan for new version of spring-batch-integration.

I think this is breaking spring framework and we need to have jira for this.

Sorry for not getting to this sooner. We are in the process of moving to StackOverflow for our forums.

The version of Spring Batch Integration that is in the 1.3.0 release should work with the Spring Batch 2.2.x branch. If you have a future issues please post your questions to StackOverflow with the #spring-batch tag.

Comment

Working...
    X