Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
ORA-12899: value too large for column: "BATCH_STEP_EXECUTION "."Exit_Message" Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORA-12899: value too large for column: "BATCH_STEP_EXECUTION "."Exit_Message"

Hi,

I am trying to run the batch job and I am getting below error. Could you ple help me in resolving this error. Can I trim the "Exit_Message" which gets added in BATCH_STEP_EXECUTION table? I dont want to alter the column datatype.

cause by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-12899: value too large for column: "BATCH_STEP_EXECUTION "."Exit_Message" (actual:2668, maximum: 2500)

Reagrds,
    Santosh.

Why don't you want to change the column size in the database? A lot of people have this problem with international charsets, especially with Oracle. The best solution (and the only practical one, unless you want to implement your own JobRepository) is to increase the column size and/or change its type. There is a JIRA (http://jira.springframework.org/browse/BATCH-1296) but no great ideas about the best way to support this from the framework's perspective.

Comment

Working...
    X