Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit number of threads for parallell tasks?

Hi!

Is it possible to define an upper limit of concurrent executing threads when using a taskExecutor with batch:chunk?

Using batch 2.0.3

There is a throttle limit in the step factory bean (and also the repeat template, which is where it is actually applied). It's also exposed in the <chunk/> element of the namespace (I think).

N.B. the number of threads actually running will depend on your thread pool settings. Probably in 2.1 or 3.0 we will remove the throttle limit and allow more direct control with a thread pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Syer View Post
      There is a throttle limit in the step factory bean (and also the repeat template, which is where it is actually applied). It's also exposed in the <chunk/> element of the namespace (I think).

N.B. the number of threads actually running will depend on your thread pool settings. Probably in 2.1 or 3.0 we will remove the throttle limit and allow more direct control with a thread pool.
      It's not available on the chunk element - I've added http://jira.springsource.org/browse/BATCH-1386 for it.
      Last edited by davidkarlsen; Aug 28th, 2009, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X