Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update batch instance before and after batch.

Hi!

I wonder how I'm going to solve this issue;

there's a "third party system" that's going to initiate a batch implemented with Spring Batch.
    When the batch starts I want to set a status to the table where the ordered batch is in order to say; "batch is running" ..., and when the batch is finished, I want to set status "batch finished".

I recon I need two steps extra for this; One to set the "batch is running" status, and one to set the "batch finished" status.

These steps need to contain a reader (to read the given record of my "ordered_report" table), and a writer that will set status and write to the database. Commit interval = 1.

Is there any readers that may fit this need, or should I just make a new one?

A) You could do it with a JobExecutionListener very easily. You don't need a reader or a writer, you would just modify the database directly in the beforeJob and afterJob methods.

B) I don't think you really need to do this since the BATCH_JOB_EXECUTION table lists the status already. If I were you I would just look up the status from that table.

Comment

Ah.... yeah... thank you.
      Always good to get a second opinion of things.

but regarding your "B"; yes; only it's a status that's interresting for the 3'rd party legacy system that got it's own ... batch... thingie..., so It's a requirement. But thanx anyway!

Comment

However......... I need the JobExecutionListener to commit after setting the status... Is this something that could be done as well ("out of the box"), or would I have to get the datasource from "somewhere else"?

Comment

I injected the datasource and made a new transaction ..., and it works. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X