Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to skip lines(as per my requirement)

Hi,
    My Input source is text file, which has 2 types of records totally.
    H: and T: with prefixes.

If i encounter a duplicate H: record again while reading the file, i should skip that set and jump to next H: record directly.(i don't want to process duplicate records)

I tried to use setLinesToSkip(int someValue), but this does not completely solve the problem, i should be able to go directly to next H: record only. if i perform some logic and get the number of lines to skip, then the line which i read may or may not be H: record.

Thanks,

Ramesh,

The linesToSkip method skips the header lines (i.e. records from top of the file). But your requirement seems that the H: lines may appear anywhere in the file. I think you need to handle this in ItemValidator and mark T: records as invalid records.

Let me know if you resolve this in better way.
    Last edited by Saravan; Jul 21st, 2009, 10:18 AM. Reason: corrected spelling mistake

Comment

Thanks Saravan,

my input file will be in this format
      H:
      T:
      T:
      H:
      T:
      H:
      T: ....

so if i encountered a H: record which is already read(duplicate record in the input file), i should be able to jump to next H: record. means skip the lines untill i encounter again H: record

Thanks,

Comment

Since your input record occurance does not follow any pattern, I think you should handle in ItemValidator and skip the T: records.

Comment

Thanks for ur reply,

The problem is not with the pattern, its to find whether we are reading a duplicate record or not. To read/identify a duplicate record, we don't need any pattern

Your solution may not solve the issue. Thanks for ur time

i will check with the senior member comments.

Comment

It is something to be handled at the ItemValidator or ItemProcessor level. However I'll watch this page in case this can be resolved by any other means.

Comment

You should be able to do a multiline reader, cache a md5checksum of your line input into a hashmap held in an execution context, and use a skipListener if a hashmap entry exists.

Comment

Working...
              X