• Show
Clear All

• Oracle RAC Connection String

Have a SB application that uses Placeholder Properties file crm.properties

Code:
    # Placeholders crm.*
    #    for ORACLE 10g:
    crm.jdbc.driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
    crm.jdbc.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@(description=(load_balance=on)(address=(protocol=tcp)(host=crmdb3a.isus.emc.com)(port=1521))(address=(protocol=tcp)(host=crmdb3b.isus.emc.com)(port=1521))(connect_data=(service_name=CRM03.isus.emc.com)))
    #crm.jdbc.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@crmdb3a.isus.emc.com:1521:crm03a
    crm.jdbc.user=SPRINGBATCH
    crm.jdbc.password=supersafe
    crm.schema=
    crm.schema.script=
    Note the commented out crm.jdbc.url line specifies a single node in the RAC and works as expected ... correctly.

to populate my dbcp BasicDataSource for my ItemReader

Code:
    	<beans:bean id="accnTeamdataSource"  class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">
    		<beans:property name="driverClassName" value="${crm.jdbc.driver}" />
    		<beans:property name="url" value="${crm.jdbc.url}" />
    		<beans:property name="username" value="${crm.jdbc.user}" />
    		<beans:property name="password" value="${crm.jdbc.password}" />
    	</beans:bean>
    I get the following error ...only fragment shown.

Code:
    Caused by: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection)
    	at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1225)
    	at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:880)
    	at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtils.doGetConnection(DataSourceUtils.java:113)
    	at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.TransactionAwareDataSourceProxy$TransactionAwareInvocationHandler.invoke(TransactionAwareDataSourceProxy.java:210)
    	at $Proxy12.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)
    	at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.execution.SqlExecutor.prepareStatement(SqlExecutor.java:494)
    	at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.execution.SqlExecutor.executeQuery(SqlExecutor.java:176)
    	at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.sqlExecuteQuery(GeneralStatement.java:205)
    	at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeQueryWithCallback(GeneralStatement.java:173)
    	... 65 more
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
    This should work. Bug? or am I missing something (again!).
    Last edited by james nuzzo; Jul 14th, 2009, 01:30 AM. Reason: miss spelling

So I guess it does Not work

So I am missing nothing ... Oracle RAC connection String does not work in Spring Batch?

Comment

If the URL is valid then it rather seems that DBCP could not handle it. Did you try to write a simple standalone Java app that just opens a connection with that URL?
      If it's a DBCP problem you might try C3P0 instead.

Regards,
      Andreas

Comment

I am using class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverM anagerDataSource" rather than BasicDataSource and I could successfully connect to my Oracle RAC server. I am not sure whether that could be the issue though.

As mentioned above, I would try to connecting to the databse as standalone java application first and then go from there. Here is my connection string if you would like to try:
        Code:
        <bean id="dataSource" class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource">
        	<property name="driverClassName" value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
        		<property name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = host1)(PORT = 1521)) (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = host2)(PORT = 1521)) (LOAD_BALANCE = yes) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = MYSERVICE.WORLD)))"/>
        		<property name="username" value="myuser"/>
        		<property name="password" value="mypassowrd"/>
        	</bean>

Comment

Disco - Oracle RAC works

hailspring & Andreas,

Thanks ... switched to "org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManager DataSource" and it works.

Looks like the short-coming is in dbcp

Thanks ..

Comment

The DriverManagerDataSource doesn't provide any pooling so it's not a long term solution. Why don't you try using the pool that Oracle provides with their JDBC driver. I know that it does support RAC. Try using the "oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource" in your configuration. Here is a basic example that I have been using:

Code:
                <bean id="dataSource" class="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource">
                  <property name="URL" value="${jdbc.racurl}"/>
                  <property name="user" value="${jdbc.username}"/>
                  <property name="password" value="${jdbc.password}"/>
                  <property name="connectionCachingEnabled" value="true"/>
                  <property name="fastConnectionFailoverEnabled" value="true"/>
                  <property name="ONSConfiguration" value="${jdbc.racons}"/>
                </bean>

Comment

Originally posted by trisberg View Post
              The DriverManagerDataSource doesn't provide any pooling so it's not a long term solution. Why don't you try using the pool that Oracle provides with their JDBC driver. I know that it does support RAC. Try using the "oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource" in your configuration. Here is a basic example that I have been using:

Code:
                  <bean id="dataSource" class="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource">
                    <property name="URL" value="${jdbc.racurl}"/>
                    <property name="user" value="${jdbc.username}"/>
                    <property name="password" value="${jdbc.password}"/>
                    <property name="connectionCachingEnabled" value="true"/>
                    <property name="fastConnectionFailoverEnabled" value="true"/>
                    <property name="ONSConfiguration" value="${jdbc.racons}"/>
                  </bean>
              Just to close this out (I'm on Nuzzo's team). The suggestion above was applied and has been working great.

Thanks!

Comment

I used DBCP with RAC this week as well though, so don't assume that is the problem (or try the latest version). Anyway, nothing to do with Batch.

Comment

Used DBCP with RAC in complete

Dear All
                  I used DBCP and RAC the same Mr. Dev Syer as I implemented many site for that using both DBCP and RAC as well krub. I think RAC will used some feature as Database clustering.

Comment

Working...
                  X