X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Batch App Server Newbie Question

Apologies if this is somewhere in the documentation but I've not been able to find it.

I am looking to deploy a spring batch application into websphere 6.1.

In the environment I am currently working in then I do not have access to a scheduler and neither do I get command line access in order to kick off the batch process.

I have tested the batch process in Eclipse using the CommandLineJobRunner class through the run config.

My question is how am I to start the process from within websphere without the access detailed.....would it be an idea to parcel it into a web service and initiate it via a WS call to the commandLine JobRunner or somesuch?

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

Originally posted by rowens View Post
    My question is how am I to start the process from within websphere without the access detailed.....would it be an idea to parcel it into a web service and initiate it via a WS call to the commandLine JobRunner or somesuch?

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rob
    Short answer is anyway you want it to work.

Doesn't have to be a scheduler or command line. its simply a java app.

Heck you could probably just create a new thread if you want to and let it go to town. Or you can use if you are in an EJB3 container the EJB Timer Task. Or send a message to an MDB and have the MDB kick it off (thats actually what we do mainly because we allow our useres to create batch processes and its our way of controlling how many are runnign at any one time)

Comment

Thanks very much for your response - very helpful. Apologies it has taken so long to reply.

Comment

Working...
      X