Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pass data from FileReader to RecordMapper

Hi,

I have a problem passing data from a FileReader to a RecordMapper. Here is the description of my problem:

I have a file which contains some comments at the beginning followed by header which describes the format of the records in the file (all recrods are of the same format). I have already implemented the FileReader which works fine. However now I want to implement the RecordMapper which should return objects of type Map which represent one record (per line). The Map should have the field-name as the key and the field value as the column value. (similar to a csv file).
    The problem I have is I can't figure out how I can pass the header information to the RecordMapper which then uses this info to create the Map objects.

I already tried with an execution context but could not figure out how to access the execution context from the RecordMapper. Any suggestions/examples/hints etc. would be really appreciated.

Regards,
    Walter

P.S.: As mentioned earlier - reading a csv file must be similar to what I'm trying.

First, I'm going to assume that by "FileReader" you mean "FlatFileItemReader" and by "RecordMapper" you mean "LineMapper".

To access the ExecutionContext from any class, you can implement a BeforeStep method like this:
    Code:
        private StepExecution stepExecution;

private T mapLine(String line, int lineNumber) throws Exception {
            ExecutionContext stepContext = this.stepExecution.getExecutionContext();
            // ...
        }

@BeforeStep
        public void saveStepExecution(StepExecution stepExecution) {
            this.stepExecution = stepExecution;
        }
    Of course, you will have to register this class as a listener on the step.

Comment

Working...
    X