Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch job goes to infinite loop and crashes server

Hi All,

I am using a simpleJob to read data from a file and write it to the database. I have a temporary admin page from which i can trigger the job on demand.
    When i drop a file to the folder from which job reads it from and tries to hit the job multiple times it throws the following error

ERROR [06/05/2009 21:58:21.671] TaskletStep$2[ 314] - Rollback caused by fatal failure failed
    org.springframework.transaction.IllegalTransaction StateException: Transaction is already completed - do not call commit or rollback more than once per transaction
    at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPl atformTransactionManager.rollback(AbstractPlatform TransactionManager.java:772)

and goes into infinite loop.
    1) Any idea why this is happening? Is it because multiple instances of job are trying to be kicked off at same time?
    2) Is there a way i can stop this infinite loop. Because it is going on in loop, it is crashing the server. The only way to stop that exception is to stop the server. Am i missing anything in the configuration which would stop such thing from happening?

Thanks,
    Sushma

You need to give us some more information about how your job is configured or implemented. The symptoms you describe are not caused by normal behaviour of a JobLauncher.

Comment

Working...
    X