Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup to use batch-oracle.properties

Hi,

Have a newbie question about setup for using specifically the batch-oracle.properties file from the application run. I am using a Oracle 9i database.
    I have setup the batch-oracle.properties file with the required url, user, password and schema values. But getting the message like -

PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer:178 Loading properties file from the class path resource [batch-hsql.properties]

How can have it load the batch-oracle.properties instead if that is something I need to do?

Thanks

Probably I should ask how do the batch-hsql.properties setup for the batch.jdbc.url name value. Do I need to setup my Oracle DB instance on my localhost if I want to that way? If so what would be the syntax for doing so?

Thanks

Comment

There's a bean definition in the data-source-context.xml of the samples:

Code:
      <bean id="environment"
      	class="org.springframework.batch.support.SystemPropertyInitializer">
      	<property name="defaultValue" value="hsql"/>
      </bean>
      If you use that as well, you should be able to set -Dorg.springframework.batch.support.SystemPropertyI nitializer.ENVIRONMENT=oracle, or reset the default in the bean definition. You can also change the -D key name in the bean definition.

Comment

Thanks Dave! I'll make the changes and try it out.

Comment

Hi Dave,

Sorry for not following quite what you suggested needs to be done to have my Oracle DB setup for running the examples. I have edited the batch-oracle.properties with the url, user, password and schema values with my Oracle DB settings. Ran the schema-oracle10g.sql script to create the test tables and sequences. Populated the CUSTOMER table with data in the script. Ran also the sql script that creates the BATCH_JOB_INSTANCE, BATCH_JOB_EXECUTION, BATCH_JOB_PARAMS, BATCH_STEP_EXECUTION, BATCH_STEP_EXECUTION_CONTEXT, BATCH_JOB_EXECUTION_CONTEXT etc. tables and sequences in my database. I just wanted to run your samples that would do some sort of database transactions like query and updates in the test tables as well see if the meta-data tables are getting populated. Am I missing any setups? Please forgive my ignorance I did'nt quite understand what you suggested. Are you saying I can change the value in the data-source-context.xml like to use Oracle? Like -
          <bean id="environment"
          class="org.springframework.batch.support.SystemPro pertyInitializer">
          <property name="defaultValue" value="oracle"/> <!-- instead of value="hsql" -->
          </bean>

One other question about your sample programs. Which sample application would you suggest running to do things I mentioned above?

Thanking you again!

Comment

Working...
          X