Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing, Building and Running Spring Batch

Hello All,

I am probably doing something dumb. I am using Eclipse with JDK1.5 WITHOUT Maven. Getting something like -
    Code:
    [WARNING] repository metadata for: 'org.apache.maven.plugins' could not be retri
    eved from repository: central due to an error: Authorization failed: Access deni
    ed to: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-metadata.xml
    while trying to do > mvn eclipse:eclipse or any other mvn command from the command line. Given up using Maven altogether.
    Anyway, I have downloaded and unzipped the org.springframework.batch-2.0.0.RELEASE-with-dependencies.zip file from the FULL RELEASE link. Created a project on my existing workspace in Eclipse naming spring-batch-2.0.0. Imported the folder C:\org.springframework.batch-2.0.0.RC1\samples\org.springframework.batch.sample s into my project in Eclipse. Also imported the jar files from the dist folder. But my build is failing. Resolved many of the import issues of the codes. But got stuck fixing the .xml files. I guess if I have been able to do things right in first place I should not have any problem doing a clean build?
    Will appreciate if anyone show me the simple steps I just have to follow to able to do a clean build and try out running the samples.

Thanking you all.

I'm not sure if it's a typo, but you wrote that you are using Spring Batch 2.0.0.RELEASE with the 2.0.0.RC1 samples. If that's the case... then there's your problem. If it's just a typo, let me know.

Comment

Actually, I just downloaded the org.springframework.batch-2.0.0.RELEASE-with-dependencies.zip. Have'nt unzipped it yet. But from my prior download I guess it was with RC1 which I am using.

Comment

By the way where can I find the installation and build instruction without using Maven using Eclipse?

Comment

It should be straightforward. Import the projects into Eclipse and then add all of the jars to the build paths. You may need to set up the project references too.

Is there a reason you're not using maven? The m2eclipse plugin makes things pretty easy.
          Last edited by DHGarrette; May 2nd, 2009, 12:39 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I wanted to use Maven. But as mentioned earlier ran into problem running the mvn command. I'll try to see if I can use m2maven as you suggested.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

I had this porb also . thx

Comment

One thing I like to mention about the IDE I am using. As earlier mentioned it is not Eclipse, I am using MyEclipse 5.0. Couldn't have the Maven plug-in integrated with it. Searched their website. It says it comes with MyEclipse 6.5. I do not know whether you can somehow use any downloaded version of it and integrate it in your MyEclipse IDE or get it done some other way.
                Anyway, I was able to get going installing, building running some of the Spring Batch samples in my other Eclipse IDE using Maven and JUnit.

Thanks

Tariq

Comment

Working...
                X