Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop TaskletStep ExistStatus

Hi,

I have a simple tasklet which set up a Custom ExistStatus and stops the job for later resuming. Unfortunately the ExitStatus is not saved. Instead a JobInterruptedException is thrown which leads to ExitStatus STOPPED instead of the custom ExitStatus.

Is there a way to stop a Job out of a TaskletStep and keep the custom ExitStaus on the Execution to hold informations about the cause of the stop ?

The TaskletStep does an ExitStatus.and() so if your custom status has higher or equal severity it will be preserved, I think. Do not use a custom status that starts with one of the lower severity status values. Try using a custom value that starts with "STOPPED" and see if that works. If not then it's a bug.

Comment

jobExecution.stop()

Tanks for quick reply !

My problem is the jobExecution.stop() call which causes a JobInterruptedException.
      During debugging i found that the AbstractStep.getDefaultExitStatusForFailure() method overrides the steps ExitStatus.
      Is this a feature or a Bug ?

tested with ExitCode STOPPED_WAITING_FOR_PERMISSION which also doesnt work.
      Last edited by dodo.phoenix; Apr 16th, 2009, 06:56 AM. Reason: tested with STOPPED_WAITING_FOR_PERMISSION

Comment

http://jira.springframework.org/browse/BATCH-1210

Comment

Working...
        X