Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New method request to StepExecutionDao

Hi,
    Could you please add a new method to StepExecutionDao as below, to return the steps executions for a given jobExecution

public List<StepExecution> findStepExecutions(JobExecution jobExecution);

I can extend StepExecutionDao and create a class and add it. But I thought this might be needed for others as well.

It's already there:

Code:
    	/**
    	 * Retrieve all the {@link StepExecution} for the parent {@link JobExecution}.
    	 * @param jobExecution the parent job execution
    	 */
    	void addStepExecutions(JobExecution jobExecution);

Comment

Dave,
      Thanks for the reply.
      But 'addStepExecutions' does not return anything, also the method name indicates a different purpose right?

I would need a similar method which returns a 'List<StepExecution>'

Comment

The step executions are part of the JobExecution. See JobExecution.getStepExecutions().

Comment

My requiremet is, I have details of a job execution, say id. Now I want to get the step execution. With the out of box DAO's I can load, JobExecution object back. But it won't load the step excutions.
          Or am I missing something?

Comment

I think you are missing something. Did you try the addStepExecutions() method and it didn't work?

Comment

This is what I have in JdbcStepExecutionDao:addStepExecutions

Code:
              public void addStepExecutions(JobExecution jobExecution)
                {
                  getJdbcTemplate().query(getQuery("SELECT STEP_EXECUTION_ID, STEP_NAME, START_TIME, END_TIME, STATUS, COMMIT_COUNT, READ_COUNT, FILTER_COUNT, WRITE_COUNT, EXIT_CODE, EXIT_MESSAGE, READ_SKIP_COUNT, WRITE_SKIP_COUNT, PROCESS_SKIP_COUNT, ROLLBACK_COUNT, LAST_UPDATED, VERSION from %PREFIX%STEP_EXECUTION where JOB_EXECUTION_ID = ? order by STEP_EXECUTION_ID"), new StepExecutionRowMapper(jobExecution), new Object[] { jobExecution.getId() });
                }
              Here we just perform the query. But never returns the results.
              If you could return the results, my problem would be solved.
              Last edited by Devadasan; Mar 20th, 2009, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Did you try looking at the jobExecution.getStepExecutions()?

(Please use [code][/code] tags to post code and stack traces.)

Comment

Infact my creation of the jobs, steps etc...happens as part of different process.
                  I wanted to create a set of jsps to display the details of various jobs, steps etc.

So in other words, I am trying retrieve and display the already persisted step execution information. So all the jobs, steps information are only in database, not in memory.

What I have in my hand is just a jobexecutionid.

This is where I have the problem.

Comment

I don't understand. Are you saying this doesn't work?

Code:
                    JobExecution jobExecution = jobExecutionDao.getJobExecution(id);
                    stepExecutionDao.addStepExecutions(jobExecution);
                    List<StepExecution> stepExecutions = jobExecution.getStepExecutions();
                    There is even a convenience wrapper in JobExplorer.getJobExecution() that does the same thing (and sets the JobInstance up as well).

Comment

Cool, JobExplorer.getJobExecution() worked.
                      Thanks for your patience!

For the first point.
                      Suppose we have already persisted a set of jobs, steps etc.
                      For eg, say I have one jobexecution record, and 5 step execution records in the database.
                      Now if I do,
                      Code:
                      JobExecution jobExecution = jobExecutionDao.getJobExecution(id);
                      List<StepExecution> stepExecutions = jobExecution.getStepExecutions();
                      I would have expected to get 5 records in the list stepExecutions. But this was not happening; since we are not doing
                      Code:
                      getJobExecutionDependencies(jobExecution);
                      as we do in JobExplorer.

Comment

Working...
                      X