Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting values in JobExecutionContext

Hi,

How do I put some values in the JobExecutionContext from a Tasklet?

I have tried the following, but getting back an error saying that the map is unmodifiable?

Code:
    public RepeatStatus execute(StepContribution arg0, ChunkContext arg1) {

Sring value = "test";
    		arg1.getStepContext().getJobExecutionContext().put("KEY", value);

Alos tried this in the tasklet:

Code:
    public ExitStatus afterStep(StepExecution stepExecution) {

Date now = new Date();

stepExecution.getJobExecution().getExecutionContext().putString(PROV_CODE_KEY, province_code);
    		stepExecution.getJobExecution().getExecutionContext().putString(ASS_BODY_CODE_KEY, ass_body_code);
    		stepExecution.getJobExecution().getExecutionContext().putString(ASS_BODY_NAME_KEY, ass_body_name);
    		stepExecution.getJobExecution().getExecutionContext().putLong(SEQ_RUN_NUMBER_KEY, seq_run_number);
    		stepExecution.getJobExecution().getExecutionContext().putString(DAY_KEY, dayFormat.format(now));
    		stepExecution.getJobExecution().getExecutionContext().putString(MONTH_KEY, monthFormat.format(now));
    		stepExecution.getJobExecution().getExecutionContext().putString(YEAR_KEY, yearFormat.format(now));

return ExitStatus.COMPLETED;
    	}
    Again no luck.

In the second step I try this:

Code:
    <beans:property name="resource"
    			value="file://c:/temp/OZEKS.E#{jobExecutionContext[PROV_CODE_KEY]}.I#{jobExecutionContext[ASS_BODY_CODE_KEY]}CS#{jobExecutionContext[SEQ_RUN_NUMBER_KEY]}.DA.#{jobExecutionContext[YEAR_KEY]}#{jobExecutionContext[MONTH_KEY]}#{jobExecutionContext[DAY_KEY]}.txt" />
    	</beans:bean>
    but they are not resolved.

Comment

Your approach with the afterStep method seems right. Is your resource bean in the configuration "step-scoped"?

Comment

I'm using the delegate pattern in my resource bean (or lets call it my CustomFlatFileItemWriter).

As delegate I use the normal FlatFileItemWriter.

My CustomFlatFileItemwriter doesn't have a Resource field, only a setResource method which calls delegate.setResource.

In my config I configure the resource as above in my CustomFlatFileItemwriter, which is step scoped.

My delegate is not explicitly set as step scoped in the config . Could this be the problem?

Comment

Or is the step scoped bean actually the culprit? That surely doesn't sound right? Whether or not the resource bean is step scope shouldn't impact on the JobExecutionContext, or am I wrong?

Comment

Guys any input will help. I urgently need this to work, I have tried several different configs, playing around with step scope etc. It's still not resolving.

Let me break it down:

Step 1 = Tasklet with execute method
            Retrieved data from my db needed in step 2 for the filename
            I have tried setting this as normal and step scope

Step2 = Normal step, Reader, processor, compositewriter.
            First writer in my compositeWriter is CustomFlatFileItemWriter with delegate
            FlatfileItemWriter. Tried step scope on 1 and both.

Any furher Ideas, or will I be forced to used some kind of threaedlocal implementation to store my values?

Comment

Ok I tried something else. In my CustomFlatFileItemWriter I placed a breakpoint in the setResource method (that calls delegate.setResource) and I also implemented StepExecutionListener and the beforeStep method and registered my Writer as a listener to the step.

Funny thing, setResource is called first (even before beforeStep ) and at this time the EL does not get resolved.

If I continue my debug I next get into the beforeStep method, and on inspection my jobExecutionContext is populated with the correct values from my first step.

How can I get my EL late binding to work? Or should I just set my resource in java code in the beforeStep method (I'm sure it will complain)

Comment

Working...
              X