X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hailspring View Post
    I tried appending "." at the end of each line to make it equal length. Five characters from end (excluding the last .) are spaces and still it throws the exception.
    I've actually used this one in a real project and it worked, so I suspect you might have made a small mistake in the range specification? It's not pretty, I agree. I'll look at making it more comfortable for you in 1.1.3.

Comment

Dave, you were correct! I have defined my own Tokenizer, to get around this, which does not worry about varied length. I would propose to introduce a new Tokenizer in the framework, say "VariedLengthTokenizer" which wouldnt worry about the max or min length in the line. Just a thought!

Comment

Hailspring,

I actually like this approach a lot better. Having two implementations makes more sense to me than having a flag. The FixedLengthLineTokenizer not always being a *fixed* length, doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

I disagree. The Range abstraction has always allowed an open-ended column specification. It seems perfectly natural to me, and the 1.1.2 behaviour is retained if the flag is not set, and the last range is closed, so who is going to care?

Comment

Working...
          X