Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DB Needed ?

Hi,

I am new to Spring and Spring Batch. I am in the process of writing a new batch(My application just needs to read a flat file and create another flat file after processing...) , my application is relatively small and does not have any database.

I was looking at some presentations on spring batch framework and noticed that Job execution and Step executions are stored in a database.

I wanted advise from gurus if database is absolutely needed to implement a spring batch framework ?

Thanks....

Lol, I'm not a guru but just writing my first job as well, but I can tell you how I understand it.

There's an in-memory repository (based on transactional maps) that you can use instead of a DB (cf. chapter 4.3.2.2 in the reference documentation).

Of course it means that the information stored there will be lost when the class is destroyed, so you have to see if that fits your use case. If you need to store the information longer for restart purposes you could use an HSQLDB without much effort. That's what they do in the samples.

Comment

Working...
    X