Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
When will Spring Batch 1.1.0-RELEASE be available in Maven Central Repository? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will Spring Batch 1.1.0-RELEASE be available in Maven Central Repository?

Is there a plan to make Spring Batch 1.1.0-RELEASE available in the maven central repository (here) just like 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 are? If so, do you guys have a timeline?

Thanks.

All Spring releases make it to Maven Central eventually. I'm not sure what the process is, but I think it's automatic, so it's probably just a matter of time. The release only just went up in the S3 repo (as per links in the downloads page on the main Spring Batch website).

Comment

Follow-up question.

Will there be a svn tag for 1.1.0.RELEASE anytime soon? I checked the svn repository here and I can't find 1.1.0.RELEASE.

Thanks.

Comment

but how to use S3 repo?

i'm trying to use S3 as an external repository for my company internal one.

witch url do i have to put on repository configuration to gain access¿?
        (so s3browse.com/explore/maven.springframework.org/release doesn't work)
        thanks a lot!

Comment

http://s3browse.com/<repo-name> is for browsing S3 using a web browser. To use the same directory as a Maven repo use s3://<repo-name> (same as in the Spring Batch POM, and as per the download instructions on the Spring Batch website).

Comment

Originally posted by joenmoreno View Post
            Will there be a svn tag for 1.1.0.RELEASE anytime soon?
            It's there (since Friday I think). Sourceforge was down for quite a while last week (and still very slow), so maybe you looked on a day that we were still unable to make changes.
            Last edited by Dave Syer; Jul 21st, 2008, 07:15 AM. Reason: updated for sourceforge history

Comment

I actually have the same requirement as M4RC0.madrid. Our internal repository is artifactory. As per Dave's recommendation, I used s3://maven.springframework.org/release as the url but that didn't work. But I guess that's an artifactory question, rather than a Spring-Batch question then. Just as an FYI, here's a snippet of the artifactory config that I used:

Code:
              <remoteRepository>
                  <key>s3-spring</key>
                  <description>S3 Spring Release</description>
                  <handleReleases>true</handleReleases>
                  <handleSnapshots>false</handleSnapshots>
                  <url>s3://maven.springframework.org/release</url>
              </remoteRepository>

Comment

we are using apache-archiva as maven internal repository, but s3 transporter doesn't work for us.

is it possible to have a simple and direct http url to browse and acquire spring artifacts? (like repo1.maven.org one)

thanks

Comment

I found it!

springframework.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/springframework/repos/repo

with this URL my archiva proxy repo works fine, do you know if springsource is the owner of this sourceforge project?
                  at least the repo is updated to now (batch 1.1.0.RELEASE foud)

thanks all

Comment

But:
                    http://forum.springframework.org/sho...97&postcount=3

Comment

The s3 repo URL is given in the downloads page on the Spring Batch website - actually it's slightly cryptic because we only list the milestone repo explicitly (I'll fix that). Also it is in the parent pom:

Code:
                      <repository>
                      	<id>spring-release</id>
                      	<name>Spring Portfolio Release Repository</name>
                      	<url>http://s3.amazonaws.com/maven.springframework.org/release</url>
                      </repository>

Comment

I can confirm that Spring Batch 1.1.0.RELEASE is now available in Maven Central Repository here. In case anybody is following this thread, our internal artifactory repository is already pointed to the maven central repository so I didn't even have to change the original settings for it to pick up the newly installed Spring Batch release.

Comment

but... the http server response is not a list of folders, but a xml error message:

<Error>
                          <Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
                          <Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
                          <Key>release</Key>
                          <RequestId>AF9AA8745005A993</RequestId>
                          <HostId>
                          xelIF8rE8wRiMzGxcnMEhkHWkbBkbRHpFas2RC1uPeHMnZ2BZn 5LB27M3numJW/p
                          </HostId>
                          </Error>

is it a normal behavior?

Comment

That's because you have to use s3browse.com

Comment

Working...
                            X