X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.0.1 Final release with dependencies

When I try to download the latest release with dependencies, after the download while opening the zip file it gives me the following error: "The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted.

Can someone check?

Thanks!

Works for me. What are you using to unzip the package? If you are on a Windoze platform I recommend you don't use the native uncompressor - get Winzip or 7Zip or something.

Comment

It reminded me about what happened when I downloaded 1.0.1

I saw the source directories are a bit strange:
      /sources/sprint-batch-dist contains two pom.xml under the same directory (infrastructure and core)

I think that's what caused the problem when I extracted (using 7-zip)

Comment

There's definitely an issue with 1.0.1 with dependencies release. I talked to Ben about it and he's looking into it today. There should be a fix out for it today or tomorrow.

Comment

Lucas,

Just now I saw 1.0.1.a release in the downloaded section, this release does not have any unzip problem. But both these release give me following exception while trying to run my job from commandline, the same job used to run with previous jars. No path or classpath settings were changed, just replaced the jars.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/batch/core/launch/support/ExitCodeMapper

I can see this class in the jar and also the job runs just fine in my eclipse environment. Only when I copy these jars along with my application jars to my linux box, it throws the above exception.... I cant proceed further anywhere after that exception.

Any help!?!?!??

Thanks!

Comment

That's odd, if you see the class in the jar, and the jar is on your classpath, then it shouldn't be any different. Also, if it's working in eclipse, then it must be some issues with how java is being called.

Comment

I downloaded the 1.0.1a-release-with depedencies and I got problem running the mvn test command like said on the getting started guide page.

Does not work (maybe because files are missing )... The pom needs spring-batch-infrastructure project...

Can you fix this please ? Or give me some help ... Thanks

:mvn test
              [INFO] Scanning for projects...
              [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
              [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
              [INFO] Error building POM (may not be this project's POM).

Project ID: unknown

Reason: Could not find the model file 'C:\telechargement\spring-batch-dist-1.0.1
              .RELEASE\samples\spring-batch-infrastructure\pom.xml'. for project unknown

[INFO] Trace
              org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Could not find the model file
              'C:\telechargement\spring-batch-dist-1.0.1.RELEASE\samples\spring-batch-infrastr
              ucture\pom.xml'. for project unknown
              at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultM aven.java:378)
              at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMav en.java:290)
              at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven .java:125)
              at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:2 80)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.
              java:39)
              at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAcces
              sorImpl.java:25)
              at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
              at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(L auncher.java:315)
              at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher. java:255)
              at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode (Launcher.java:430)

at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.ja va:375)
              Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Could not find the
              model file 'C:\telechargement\spring-batch-dist-1.0.1.RELEASE\samples\spring-ba
              tch-infrastructure\pom.xml'. for project unknown
              at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilde r.readModel(Default
              MavenProjectBuilder.java:1383)
              at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilde r.buildFromSourceFi
              leInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:477)
              at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilde r.build(DefaultMave
              nProjectBuilder.java:200)
              at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProject(DefaultMa ven.java:553)
              at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(Defa ultMaven.java:467)
              at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(Defa ultMaven.java:527)
              at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultM aven.java:364)
              ... 11 more
              Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\telechargement\spring-batch-dist-1.
              0.1.RELEASE\samples\spring-batch-infrastructure\pom.xml (Le chemin d'accs spci
              fi est introuvable)
              at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
              at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.jav a:106)
              at java.io.FileReader.<init>(FileReader.java:55)
              at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilde r.readModel(Default
              MavenProjectBuilder.java:1378)
              ... 17 more
              [INFO] Total time: < 1 second
              [INFO] Finished at: Thu Jul 10 12:07:50 CEST 2008
              [INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M

Comment

I'll take a look at the with-dependencies release. However, in the meantime, can you download the -no-dependencies version and give it a try? Since you're using maven, you really don't need the dependencies. Maven will download them for you.

Comment

Thanks Lucas for your response.

I have tried with the no-dependency zip file. I have the same problem.

In fact, I found the problem. In your main pom.xml (located in the samples directory), you declare 5 modules :
                  <modules>
                  <module>spring-batch-infrastructure</module>
                  <module>spring-batch-core</module>
                  <module>spring-batch-samples</module>
                  <module>spring-batch-integration</module>
                  <module>docs</module>
                  </modules>

So maven try to find a subdirectory for each module and there is only one directory : spring-batch-samples.

Can you fix this (removing the modules or including them in your distribution) ?

Thanks.

Comment

You should be able to build from the samples directory. The parent pom is the parent pom - I don't think we'll be packaging a different one just for the .zip release.

Comment

Sorry, that was wrong - the "samples" directory is the one with that parent pom in it. Build from one level below that (there is only one directory there, either called "spring-batch-samples" or "spring-batch-dist" depending on which release you have).

Comment

Working...
                      X