X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Batch

I am new to Spring Batch. Can anybody help me with step by step instructions to create a spring batch? Do we have to add external jar files ? I did import org.springframework.batch.core.Job;
    import org.springframework.batch.core.configuration.JobRe gistry; But it shows error. I want a bacth creation for a simple program with Database connection.Can anybody please help me with step by step instruction.

I'm assuming you found the reference documentation and have read through it? If not, it can be found here:

http://static.springframework.org/sp...tml/index.html

There was also a recent blog post that did a good job of creating and walking through a 'hello world':

http://jroller.com/0xcafebabe/entry/..._hello_world_1

Comment

Spring Batch

I tried that program (Hello Batch) . From the Application Context it shows error.
      "org.springframework.batch.execution.launch.Simple JobLauncher" cannot resolve class or package . Do I have to add external jar files? I did the imports.Can you please help me
      Thanks a lot for your help. I was stucked with this from yesterday.Thank you very much. May God Bless you

Comment

You will definitely have to have the spring batch jars on your classpath.

Comment

Thank you

Now My Hello world not showing any error. I added the jar files.
          My next question is Can I run this program from Linux instead of Maven. If 'yes ', How?.Please help me
          Thanks
          May God Bless

Comment

It's really the same way as you would run any java application from Linux, you'll need to write a shell script to kick off a jvm process using the CommandLineJobRunner as you main method, etc.

Comment

My Java project is under “/users/abc/SpringBatch” and Java is in “System/Library/Java”
              How will I set the classpath and set CommandLineJobRunner in Linux? How will I do kick off a jvm process using the CommandLineJobRunner as my main method? Please help
              Thanks
              May God Bless

Comment

I think what you asked has nothing to do with Spring Batch.

Please find a Java book and do some exercises, and try to understand what is a Java application, what is classpath etc.

Comment

I did all the class path settings
                  But I am not able to execute the CommandLineJobRunner

Comment

How will I add 'pom.xml' in my project library? I tried. since its not a jar file, I am not able to add it. Can anybody please help?

Comment

All your questions have nothing to do with Spring Batch.

Instead of yelling around here, would you mind getting a Java book or do some Googling, and learn some basics in Java?

for POM.xml, go to maven.apache.org to learn it.

Comment

spring batch

Hi,

Hi,

I'm beginner with spring quartz and i have a problem for my project.

I'would whan my job is failed or sleep, the scheduler relance it and the job can retake
                        where it has stopped.

This is a differents steps how i was did :
                        In the first i have m y class scheduler:

Code:

@DisallowConcurrentExecution
                        public class JobLauncherDetails extends QuartzJobBean /*implements JobExecutionListener*/ {

private static final String JOB_DATA_MAP_MAX_RETRY = "maxRetry";
                        	//private static final String JOB_DATA_MAP_NB_RETRIES = "nbRetries";
                        	private final static String JOB_LOCATOR_CONTEXT_KEY = "jobLocator";
                        	private final static String JOB_LAUNCHER_CONTEXT_KEY = "jobLauncher";
                        	private static final String JOB_DATA_MAP_START_DATE = "startDate";
                        	private static final String JOB_PARAM_LISTENER_DELAY_KEY = "listenerDelay";
                        	private static final long JOB_PARAM_DEFAULT_LISTENER_DELAY = 1000;

private static Logger log = LoggerFactory.getLogger(JobLauncherDetails.class);

/**
                        	 * Special key in job data map for the name of a job to run.
                        	 */
                        	private static final String JOB_NAME = "jobName";

private JobLocator jobLocator;
                        	private JobLauncher jobLauncher;
                        	private String jobName;
                            private JobListener MyjobListener;
                        	/**
                        	 * Method called by Quartz trigger. The given {@link JobExecutionContext}
                        	 * gives info on the Job to run.
                        	 */
                        	protected void executeInternal(JobExecutionContext context) throws JobExecutionException {
                        		try {
                        			jobLocator = (JobLocator) context.getScheduler().getContext().get(JOB_LOCATOR_CONTEXT_KEY);
                        			jobLauncher = (JobLauncher) context.getScheduler().getContext().get(JOB_LAUNCHER_CONTEXT_KEY);
                        			MyjobListener=(JobListener)context.getScheduler().getContext().get(MyjobListener);

} catch (SchedulerException se) {
                        			log.error("Unable to get jobLocator and jobLauncher from scheduler context.", se);
                        		}

if (jobLocator == null || jobLauncher == null) {
                        			log.error("Unable to run a job without valids jobLocator and jobLauncher.");
                        		} else {
                        			JobDetail jobDetail = context.getJobDetail();
                        			Map<String, Object> jobDataMap = context.getMergedJobDataMap();

if (jobDataMap == null || jobDataMap.size() == 0) {
                        				log.error("Unable to run a job without a valid jobDataMap (no job name provided...).");
                        			} else {

jobName = (String) jobDataMap.get(JOB_NAME);

if (jobName == null || jobName.isEmpty()) {
                        					log.error("Unable to run a job: no job name provided...");
                        				} else {

if(context.getRefireCount()==0) {
                        						// Add a date to the jobDataMap so that the job is unique.
                        						// It is useful to distinguish 2 instances of the same trigger.
                        						// Otherwise, a JobExecutionAlreadyRunningException will be launched
                        						// (no need to modify this parameter for a refired job)
                        						jobDataMap.put(JOB_DATA_MAP_START_DATE, new Date());
                        					}

JobParameters jobParameters = getJobParametersFromJobMap(jobDataMap);
                        					Scheduler sched= context.getScheduler();
                        					try {
                        						sched.getListenerManager().addJobListener(new NcaJobListener());

} catch (SchedulerException e) {
                        						// TODO Auto-generated catch block
                        						e.printStackTrace();
                        					}	

if (log.isInfoEnabled())
                        						log.info("\n**********************************************************************\n" 
                        								+ "* Quartz trigger - start job: {}. Key: {}\n"
                        								+ "* Firing unique ID: {}\n" 
                        								+ "* Refire count: {}\n" 
                        								+ "* Job parameters: {}\n"
                        								+ "* isConcurrentExectionDisallowed: {}\n"
                        								+ "**********************************************************************\n",
                        								new Object[] { jobName, jobDetail==null?"":jobDetail.getKey(), context.getFireInstanceId(), 
                        												context.getRefireCount(), jobParameters==null?"":jobParameters.toString(), 
                        												context.getJobDetail().isConcurrentExectionDisallowed() });

JobExecution jobExec = null;
                        					BatchStatus jobStatus = BatchStatus.UNKNOWN;

try {
                        						jobExec = jobLauncher.run(jobLocator.getJob(jobName), jobParameters);
                        						log.info("Job Id: {}", jobExec.getId());

}

} catch (Exception ex) {
                        						if(!(ex instanceof JobExecutionException)) {
                        							log.error("Error while running Job [{}]. Rescheduling if possible.\nError: {}\n******************************", jobName, ex.toString());
                        							// TODO: retirer ce log...
                        							log.error("Error full stack:", ex);

} else {
                        							throw (JobExecutionException) ex;
                        						}
                        					}

if (log.isInfoEnabled())
                        						log.info("\n**********************************************************************\n" 
                        								+ "* Quartz trigger - end job: {}\n"
                        								+ "* Job parameters: {}\n"
                        								+ "* Start date: {}\n"
                        								+ "* End date: {}\n"
                        								+ "* Status: {}\n"
                        								new Object[] { jobName, context.getFireInstanceId(), context.getRefireCount(), 
                        												jobParameters==null?"":jobParameters.toString(),
                        												jobExec==null?"":jobExec.getStartTime(),
                        												jobExec==null?"":jobExec.getEndTime(),
                        												jobStatus });
                        				}
                        			}
                        		}
                        	}

/**
                        	 * Copy parameters that are of the correct type over to
                        	 * {@link JobParameters}, ignoring jobName.
                        	 * @return a {@link JobParameters} instance
                        	 */
                        	private JobParameters getJobParametersFromJobMap(Map<String, Object> jobDataMap) {

JobParametersBuilder builder = new JobParametersBuilder();

for (Entry<String, Object> entry : jobDataMap.entrySet()) {
                        			String key = entry.getKey();
                        			Object value = entry.getValue();
                        			if (value instanceof String && !key.equals(JOB_NAME)) {
                        				builder.addString(key, (String) value);
                        			} else if (value instanceof Float || value instanceof Double) {
                        				builder.addDouble(key, ((Number) value).doubleValue());
                        			} else if (value instanceof Integer || value instanceof Long) {
                        				builder.addLong(key, ((Number) value).longValue());
                        			} else if (value instanceof Date) {
                        				builder.addDate(key, (Date) value);
                        			} else {
                        				log.debug("JobDataMap contains values which are not job parameters (ignoring).");
                        			}
                        		}

return builder.toJobParameters();
                        	}

/*@Override
                        	public void afterJob(JobExecution jobExecution) {
                        		// TODO Auto-generated method stub
                        		log.info("*************************** Job ended with status: {} ********************", jobExecution.getExitStatus());

if (ExitStatus.FAILED.equals(jobExecution.getExitStatus())) {
                        			log.error("******************************\nJob [{}] failed. Reschedule if possible.\n******************************", jobName);

// rescheduleJob(jobExecution);
                        		}
                        	}

@Override
                        	public void beforeJob(JobExecution jobExecution) {
                        		log.info("************** Before running job {} **************", jobName);
                        	}*/

}

Comment

In the second i have a class jobfaileur:

Code:
                          public class JobFailureListener implements JobExecutionListener {
                          	private static Logger log = LoggerFactory.getLogger(JobFailureListener.class);
                          	private static final String JOB_DATA_MAP_MAX_RETRY = "maxRetry";
                          	private static final String JOB_NAME = "jobName";
                          	private String jobName;
                          	public void beforeJob(JobExecution jobExecution) {
                          	// nothing to do
                          		log.info("*************************** Job ended with status: {} ********************", jobExecution.getExitStatus());
                          	}

public void afterJob(JobExecution jobExecution, JobExecutionContext context) throws JobExecutionException {

if( jobExecution.getStatus() == BatchStatus.COMPLETED ){
                          			System.out.println("!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  sa	 marche !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!");
                          	    }

else

if (!jobExecution.getAllFailureExceptions().isEmpty()) {
                          	ExitStatus exitStatus = ExitStatus.FAILED;
                          	log.error("******************************\nJob [{}] failed. Reschedule if possible.\n******************************");

//rescheduler if possible
                          	rescheduleJob(jobExecution, context);

for (Throwable e : jobExecution.getAllFailureExceptions()) {

exitStatus = exitStatus.addExitDescription(e);

}

jobExecution.setExitStatus(exitStatus);

}

}

private void rescheduleJob(JobExecution jobExec, JobExecutionContext context) throws JobExecutionException {
                          		rescheduleJob(jobExec, context, null);
                          	}

private void rescheduleJob(JobExecution jobExec, JobExecutionContext context, Throwable excep) throws JobExecutionException {
                          		// TODO: Gérer la politique de réessai, ex :
                          		// http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4408858/quartz-retry-when-failure

if(jobExec == null)
                          			throw new IllegalArgumentException("jobExec cannot be null.");

if(context == null)
                          			throw new IllegalArgumentException("context cannot be null.");

String fireInstanceId =   context.getFireInstanceId();
                          		int refireCount = context.getRefireCount();

if (log.isInfoEnabled())
                          					+ "* Quartz trigger - rescheduling job: {}\n"
                          					new Object[] { jobName, fireInstanceId, refireCount});

JobDataMap dataMap = context.getJobDetail().getJobDataMap();
                          		int maxRetry = dataMap.getIntValue(JOB_DATA_MAP_MAX_RETRY);

JobExecutionException jobExecutionException = null;

if(maxRetry>0 && refireCount<maxRetry) {        	
                                  	jobExecutionException = new JobExecutionException("Error: the job [" + jobName + "] didn't end properly, refire it immediately.", excep);
                                  	jobExecutionException.setRefireImmediately(true);
                                  	//boolean refireImmediatelyResult = jobExecutionException.refireImmediately();

log.info("************** Job Id: {} - rescheduled. ", jobExec.getId());

throw jobExecutionException;
                                  } else {
                                  	//jobExecutionException = new JobExecutionException("Error: the job [" + jobName + "] didn't end properly. No more retry possible, sending alarm.", excep);

log.error("\n**********************************************************************\n" 
                          					+ "* Quartz trigger - No more retry possible for job: {}\n"
                          					+ "* UNSCHEDULING TRIGGER + SENDING EXPLOIT ALARM...\n"
                          					jobName, fireInstanceId);

AlarmDef alarmDef = AlarmExploit.searchBatchFailedAlarmDefByBatchName(jobName);
                                  	AlarmExploit.generateAlarmWithoutTemplate(alarmDef, "Batch failed", "The following batch failed (no more retry possible): " + jobName, Locale.ENGLISH.toString(), null);
                                  }
                          	}

@Override
                          	public void afterJob(JobExecution jobExecution) {
                          		// TODO Auto-generated method stub
                          			}

}
                          I also add an sleep for my job and when i run i have a message who said that my job is finished or it's nnot there but juste sleep.
                          Please can i have a response, exemple or others suggestions , i need some one to help me please

Thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
                          X